1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
and he wont be reporting to Seattle either:cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
"BUT SOURCES say Abdur-Rahim has no intention of coming to Portland in a month when the Blazers training camp."

This is all it said if I am not mistake, what make you so mad about it?:rolleyes:

I believe there is article saying SAR invite the blazer coaching stuffs to Atlanta to see how hard is working as well.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mixum</b>!
http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

i hate this guy...although im sure cbs sportsline is just writing what they heard all summer but to be honest...i would not be shocked if SAR didnt come....yet i doubt he'd wanna pay all those large fines daily!
Seems to me like the thread was inappropriately titled.... you said yourself that cbs sportsline is just writing what they heard all summer.

In reality, the latest news from the http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1094126364322351.xml said: "And increasingly, it appears Abdur-Rahim will back off his threat of holding out of training camp if he is not traded. In a move that can be viewed as Abdur-Rahim offering an olive branch, he recently invited the Blazers' coaching staff to Atlanta to watch him work out, then joined teammates Damon Stoudamire and Nick Van Exel in Houston for a series of pickup games."

It is intriguing to me that he invited the coaching staff to watch him work out. Maybe this gives some legitimacy to the rumors that he is slimming down to play the 3? Or maybe he is just trying to look good in his contract year?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
If the report is true that he wont show up when camp starts then this is a great day. Trade his *** out of town, hand Miles the SF possition for the next 6 years and aquire a shooter.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mediocre man</b>!
If the report is true that he wont show up when camp starts then this is a great day. Trade his *** out of town, hand Miles the SF possition for the next 6 years and aquire a shooter.
I think you'd want to do that even if he was overjoyed at the thought of showing up to camp.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
We all heard how SAR was suposedly warming up to the idea of playing SF and that he was even losing weight. Then, the Blazers lock D. Miles up for 6 years. Now, Nash says they will compete for the SF spot, with RP being the odd man out. I have to admit I'm nervous about how this is all going to play out. One day I think Patternash has a master plan that will surpise us all, and next day it seems they have no clue what they are doing. I think we all feel like the Blazers are so close: 1 SAR for quality SG trade away from being a contender. On the other hand, they may also be close to dissaster. Shaky backcourt, log jamb at Forward, and several damaged egos could ruin the team and any hopes of a playoff run. It's frustrating to watch. Then again, I at least I'm not a Clipper fan!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kaydow</b>!
1 SAR for quality SG trade away from being a contender.
It's too bad that he and his agent are counterproductive to that goal.

Maybe he's counting on being traded to a loser again so he can pad his point total in garbage time.

I'd like to hear his agent's ideas for a trade. Especially after their boneheaded summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts