Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it bother anyone else that most of the time the Pacers play on Saturday, they don't play again untill Wednesday? Why is that? It's such a long time in between games, and I don't remember that long of a gap occuring so frequently in years past.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm sure the players like it. I for one hate it. All the games are on the weekends it seems and that always conflicts with other plans. I wish they would have more weekday games.

·
God
2,742 Posts
StephenJackson said:
I'm definitely picking up league pass next year when I'm out of college.
League Pass is key. I couldn't afford it this year because i got the nhl package lol... but league pass is only for those who have 1 favorite team and are big fans. There's enough of nba on nbatv, espn and tnt that you can actually live without it, unless like i said, you're a diehard pacers fan and honestly if i ever got it, i'd only watch them.

Which brings up a point, anyone think that sports on demand will change anytime soon? I know there was some talk that NFL package might include a smaller team package, that you only get the team you selected games for cheaper price. Anyone think that will ever happen to NBA? Like $220 for NBA league Pass..... or $60 for 1 team? lol might get more subscribers IMO.

·
6,804 Posts
MillerTime said:
Which brings up a point, anyone think that sports on demand will change anytime soon? I know there was some talk that NFL package might include a smaller team package, that you only get the team you selected games for cheaper price. Anyone think that will ever happen to NBA? Like $220 for NBA league Pass..... or $60 for 1 team? lol might get more subscribers IMO.

I sure hope so....

I had NBA league pass last year, but right now I simply can't afford it....
I'm planning on getting it during the middle of the season when the price drops to 1/2 off...

Go PaCeRs!!!!!

·
God
2,742 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:
I sure hope so....

I had NBA league pass last year, but right now I simply can't afford it....
I'm planning on getting it during the middle of the season when the price drops to 1/2 off...

Go PaCeRs!!!!!
Let me know when their free week is during the mid-season.

But yeah money is tight right now so i donno, i wish i never had gotten nhl package, even though i love it so much but $120 is alot... $40 a month is hurtin the wallet.

But honestly, i am happy they don't play many games Sunday or Monday nights, it allows everyone to fallow the nfl... even though it's a long time, we don't get over looked though.

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
6,804 Posts
MillerTime said:
Let me know when their free week is during the mid-season.

But yeah money is tight right now so i donno, i wish i never had gotten nhl package, even though i love it so much but $120 is alot... $40 a month is hurtin the wallet.

But honestly, i am happy they don't play many games Sunday or Monday nights, it allows everyone to fallow the nfl... even though it's a long time, we don't get over looked though.

I'll definetly let you know when that free week is...
right now all I have is NBA tv and so far I've watched several Pacer games already, and since we are on ESPN and TNT often, I'm kinda getting by ok....
the good thing about it is that every game that I've watched so far we have won, so hopefully when I get League Pass we'll run the table and never lose again....

P.S.... You've been repped again doggy....

Go PaCeRs!!!!!

·
God
2,742 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:
right now all I have is NBA tv and so far I've watched several Pacer games already, and since we are on ESPN and TNT often, I'm kinda getting by ok....
the good thing about it is that every game that I've watched so far we have won, so hopefully when I get League Pass we'll run the table and never lose again....

Go PaCeRs!!!!!
Yeah, NBA TV is awsome, that's all that i ever watch besides NHL Center Ice, Sabres game or shows on the Sabres. I don't even watch sports center much anymore. NBA does a great deal of showing their game to the public, theres alot of games on nba tv, plus their "nba tv live" is an awsome show and then their "fantasy show" at 1am is also pretty good.

ESPN2 for those who don't know, has a similar show to "NBA TV Live" on tuesdays 9-11pm with their experts like steven a smith, legler, bj armstrong and stuff, and they go and do live look-ins. Definetly good shows, i wish i had nba league pass but theres alot of other options out there.

·
6,804 Posts
MillerTime said:
Yeah, NBA TV is awsome, that's all that i ever watch besides NHL Center Ice, Sabres game or shows on the Sabres. I don't even watch sports center much anymore. NBA does a great deal of showing their game to the public, theres alot of games on nba tv, plus their "nba tv live" is an awsome show and then their "fantasy show" at 1am is also pretty good

Yeah and don't forget their Harwood Classic games which are simply awesome....

Go PaCeRs!!!!!

·
God
2,742 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:
Yeah and don't forget their Harwood Classic games which are simply awesome....

Go PaCeRs!!!!!
definetly. Esspicially in the summer time !

When Reggie goes into the hall, i bet they dedicate the whole day to him, like his top 5 most memorable games in a row in a marathan. NBA TV knows how to do it.

I also get the NFL Network, it's garbage compared to NBA TV. I almost never watch it thats how bad it is... nba tv is always on.

·
6,804 Posts
MillerTime said:
definetly. Esspicially in the summer time !

When Reggie goes into the hall, i bet they dedicate the whole day to him, like his top 5 most memorable games in a row in a marathan. NBA TV knows how to do it.

I already got my VCR set and ready to go......

Go PaCeRs!!!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I am hoping that the Pacers/NBA will be releasing a "Greatest of Reggie Miller" compilation DVD. I think that we all need to really start sending out e-mails to the Pacers about this. I'm pretty sure that everyone on this board would cop one. That DVD needs to be made!

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
God
2,742 Posts
absolutebest said:
I am hoping that the Pacers/NBA will be releasing a "Greatest of Reggie Miller" compilation DVD. I think that we all need to really start sending out e-mails to the Pacers about this. I'm pretty sure that everyone on this board would cop one. That DVD needs to be made!
Agreed. Although, we have like 10 guys who post about Pacers and are Pacers fans on a consistant basis, so 10 e-mails wouldn't really work. If you go to other pacers forums and ask people to do the same, and then ask help of other nba fans here, then it might work. But 10 people won't make a difference.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MillerTime said:
Agreed. Although, we have like 10 guys who post about Pacers and are Pacers fans on a consistant basis, so 10 e-mails wouldn't really work. If you go to other pacers forums and ask people to do the same, and then ask help of other nba fans here, then it might work. But 10 people won't make a difference.
If we could generate 50-100 e-mails, or a petition or something, we could probably make a huge difference. Persistance would also be key. They may be planning something already. After all, Pacers fans will soon be thirsting to re-live Miller's glory days and the marketing department has its own purpose--to generate money.

·
God
2,742 Posts
absolutebest said:
If we could generate 50-100 e-mails, or a petition or something, we could probably make a huge difference. Persistance would also be key. They may be planning something already. After all, Pacers fans will soon be thirsting to re-live Miller's glory days and the marketing department has its own purpose--to generate money.
agreed, you get near 100 e-mails, it will make a difference.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:

Go PaCeRs!!!!!
You also listen online to the games that aren't on tv, don't you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts