Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is it possible to look sloppy and still win by 20?

I'll take it. Now, as Mr Sinatra used to say, 3 fingers, 2 ice cubes.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Is it possible to look sloppy and still win by 20?

I'll take it. Now, as Mr Sinatra used to say, 3 fingers, 2 ice cubes.
No doubt. Yes think you guys played down to the level of the competition. Fell asleep and let us get within 5. You turned it on, we started missing again and game over. 20 point win.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
From my seat, Saint Louis is the 2nd best team in the league right now. Not sure why everybody inside and outside the A10 seems to be ignoring them. They play a style thats tough to handle for anybody.

Bonas starting to kick things into gear.

Surprised VCU lost at home but Lang is a beast and Fatts Russell is always spectacular -- you just never know if hes going to be spectacularly good or bad.

UMass had been playing well the last 10 days or so but the Flyers torched them start to finish. The UD/VCU gmae this week is going to be must-see TV. Silva is a load and Evans is the most clutch guard in the league in my opinion. Hopefully Obi's ankle sprain is not too serious as I want to see these two teams battle at ful strength. Im tired of seeing UD lose to VCU by 1-4 points in every time in the last couple seasons. Time to rise up and make a statement.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
From my seat, Saint Louis is the 2nd best team in the league right now. Not sure why everybody inside and outside the A10 seems to be ignoring them. They play a style thats tough to handle for anybody.
Maybe because they lost to the team that's in first place. With VCU losing at home, I'd put them third in the league for now, with Dayton first, and Duquesne second.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
UMASS ran into a buzz-saw during the first half yesterday. Hopefully for Flyer fans, Obi is good to go against VCU on Tuesday.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Bonas starting to kick things into gear.

Surprised VCU lost at home but Lang is a beast and Fatts Russell is always spectacular -- you just never know if hes going to be spectacularly good or bad.

UMass had been playing well the last 10 days or so but the Flyers torched them start to finish. The UD/VCU gmae this week is going to be must-see TV. Silva is a load and Evans is the most clutch guard in the league in my opinion. Hopefully Obi's ankle sprain is not too serious as I want to see these two teams battle at ful strength. Im tired of seeing UD lose to VCU by 1-4 points in every time in the last couple seasons. Time to rise up and make a statement.
I'll have what you're drinking.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Maybe because they lost to the team that's in first place. With VCU losing at home, I'd put them third in the league for now, with Dayton first, and Duquesne second.
Before this Richmond game SLU needed OT to beat UMass and only beat GW by 5 with both coming on their home floor...it's a big win for Travis Ford's bunch who have been trying to find the right mix in the wake of freshman sharpshooter Gibson Jimerson's broken foot and soph defensive stud Fred Thatch's career threatening muscle condition.

A lot of guys have taken steps forward but we'll see what happens against Dayton on Friday.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
The top 7/bottom 7 split of our standings is almost the same as the NET rankings top 7 and bottom 7.

That's a good thing. But even better is that the Bottom 7 is 0-14 vs the Top 7. We need that to stay like that as long as humanly possible.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
The top 7/bottom 7 split of our standings is almost the same as the NET rankings top 7 and bottom 7.

That's a good thing. But even better is that the Bottom 7 is 0-14 vs the Top 7. We need that to stay like that as long as humanly possible.
We need you guys to move up to 7th in NET. We will do what we can to help with that this week...

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
We need you guys to move up to 7th in NET. We will do what we can to help with that this week...
We're trending in that direction. Our NET ranking jumped 28 spots since 1/6 to 141, and we're knocking on the door of the top 100 in RPI (112), Kenpom (113) and Sagarin (101). Hopefully the trend continues.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts