Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
We're trending in that direction. Our NET ranking jumped 28 spots since 1/6 to 141, and we're knocking on the door of the top 100 in RPI (112), Kenpom (113) and Sagarin (101). Hopefully the trend continues.
If we can move Davidson & GMU NET down this week, you won’t need as much of a gain to pass them.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
SLU fans can bicker about the style, but you keep winning and as we've seen, that's easier said than done. Besides, when facing the top teams in the league its all about matchups and SLU prevents seriously difficult matchups for everybody because while the Bills are offensively challenged at times, their best offense usually a missed shot. And another missed shot. Then on the third try they kill you with a bucket or free throws. They just wear you down and demoralize teams.

So yes you've won close games against teams you'd be far happier clobbering, but every game is a new set of circumstances. Just because UMass played one level vs SLU doesnt mean they played the same level vs Dayton. Not saying UD didnt have a lot to do with that, but UMass was pretty awful on their own account this weekend without UD's help. UD just made them pay dearly for it.

Big week for UD with VCU coming to town on Tuesday, followed by the roadie at SLU. A sweep would put UD way out in front of the A10 by the first furlough, but Im expecting a split. Assuming Obi is 100%, I like UD at home in a nailbiter, then SLU by 10 on Friday. If he's not 100%, the Flyers could easily drop both.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
UD is extremely good on offense and very good on defense. VCU is extremely good on defense and ok on offense. The team that scores the most points wins and UD is at home ... Flyer’s win. SLU is good on defense and less than Ok on offense. The team that scores the most points win ... Flyer’s win.

If the Flyer’s lose this week I’m starting the Fire Grant Thread. If Obi doesn’t play, it may get a little dicey, but it’s next man up. Join the Fight.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
UD is extremely good on offense and very good on defense. VCU is extremely good on defense and ok on offense. The team that scores the most points wins and UD is at home ... Flyer’s win. SLU is good on defense and less than Ok on offense. The team that scores the most points win ... Flyer’s win.

If the Flyer’s lose this week I’m starting the Fire Grant Thread. If Obi doesn’t play, it may get a little dicey, but it’s next man up. Join the Fight.
OK, Jaffie, are you sure that the team that scores the most points wins?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
View attachment 20589
Our NET is 141 yet everything else suggests we are closer to 100. That doesnt seem strange?
03, that was tongue in cheek. Of course I would expect NET to fall in line as well. But they haven't published the NET, and I don't trust "them" - whoever that it - to not have a formula that isn't skewed against our likes. To me it suggests something's amiss with the formula, which wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
03, that was tongue in cheek. Of course I would expect NET to fall in line as well. But they haven't published the NET, and I don't trust "them" - whoever that it - to not have a formula that isn't skewed against our likes. To me it suggests something's amiss with the formula, which wouldn't surprise me.
Sorry 85,. I totally missed your sarcasm.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

I just deleted the draft of my “Fire Grant “ thread. I had it teed up. Thanks to Crutcher all that hard work down the drain.

Join The Fight

41 - 57 of 57 Posts