Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Piker
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For VCU today, Vince Williams is out with a fractured finger. Marcus Evans out with a concussion and the flu.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Time for a come to Jesus meeting on rebounding and defense. Of course the HC maybe could have thrown a couple different looks first half when we were only down 20. There were still 30 minutes to play at that point.

Brutal.

Whiskey? More like time to light myself on fire.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
bonnies need some gumption. some old fashioned testes. VCU made a few shots and their psyche cracked
Same thing happened last season. The youngsters got punched in mouth, and then their dicks went inside their bodies. Let’s hope this group bounces back as well as last year’s did. I’m not feeling so confident going into Wednesday... that’s for sure.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I mean, I don't think it's ONLY a question of intestinal fortitude. I mean, the Bonnies were missing Osun, and their other two forwards racked up 5 fouls in like, 14 minutes. It was a defensive nightmare (at one point, PF were 11 to 2, and the 2 they called on VCU were nit-picky hand checks just because the first 7 fouls were on Bona, and then it was 10-1 and they needed to even it up; Not that I'm saying that had anything to do with the result... I'm saying...). The Bonnies had no post presence because they were in foul trouble, and they didn't draw fouls on VCU because they rushed bad quick shots the first half.

It's not like "Be tougher," because tough people can rush shots and pick up fouls. It's a terrible matchup for the Bonnies: Relentless pressure vs inexperience. Shocking that relentless pressure won easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts