21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
No team reached 50 in the Fordham game?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Well, that certainly explains the Dayton, Ohio address on their web site.
WSU is in Fairborn and Greene County. Sort of like Xavier isn’t in Cincinnati but actually Norwood. At least Xavier is in the the same county as the big brother UC

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congratulations on the win. Your Rams have my Rams number. I liked VCU’s effort but they just did not covert on turnovers created while turning it over too much while Rhody did convert. No flow today when in past games the ball movement had been great. URI had a part in that. Lessons being learned by the young VCU team so all is well. On to the next.
I don't know what it is about this matchup. Rhody defense just clamped down during the stretch run, and this team is certainly a lot deeper than I anticipated going in to the season. Fatts shooting from the field has been atrocious to start the season, but besides those clock killing possessions taking a telegraphed last second shot, he was judicious and took 11 shots. Banged home his free throws and still wound up with 23 points. Think I saw a note where if you took Fatts' 51 3-point attempts at a brisk 17% from the URI stats, they would go from 12th in the A10 to 5th in 3-point %.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
“Olean Boys” is a reference to a Pittsburgh newspaper article from the the early 1900’s reporting the trouble caused by young men from Olean,NY. It was posted on here years ago so don’t ask for anymore details because I don’t have them
Yes, I know. I'm the one who posted it. None of the other Olean Boys, great men all, are as erudite as I. You should know that by now.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
WSU is in Fairborn and Greene County. Sort of like Xavier isn’t in Cincinnati but actually Norwood. At least Xavier is in the the same county as the big brother UC
Xavier's campus is located inside the city of Cincinnati. Norwood is however, right next door.
Jesuit education might be helpful here.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
What I know is that last year I went to a father daughter sorority event at Stone Lanes which is across the street from Xavier. It was actually a cool place for bowling enthusiasts, but the address I googled was Montgomery Road in Norwood. This is proof enough for me that Xavier is in Norwood.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Yes, Stone is in Norwood. Hope you stopped by Dana's.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
But is it directly across the street from Xavier and is the street the dividing line?
It's across the street from some ancillary building.
Walk down that cross street towards campus, and you'll cross a railroad track.
That's the dividing line. Main campus and Cintas straight ahead, and on your right.
They are all in Cincinnati city limits.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The Xavier University Book Store and the All for One shop are directing across the street from Stone Lanes. Wikipedia says Xavier is located in Cincinnati and Norwood.

There’s is no way that 150 sorority girls from UC are going to drink at Dana’s.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The Xavier University Book Store and the All for One shop are directing across the street from Stone Lanes. Wikipedia says Xavier is located in Cincinnati and Norwood.

There’s is no way that 150 sorority girls from UC are going to drink at Dana’s.
Yes, ancillary buildings you note are in Norwood. The campus and Cintas are in Cincinnati.
You've got buildings in Dublin that say University of Dayton. Did you move?
:)There were 150 girls in Dana's in my day...but they came from OLC and the Mount.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts