Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sorry folks. Too many unforced TOs and clanked treys for Dayton tonight. At least frosh PG Mali Smith went for 16pts, 11asts, 2 steals, 2 turnovers. He may end up breaking more A10 hearts than brother Scoochie.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Dayton lost a very winnable resume builder game on the road versus Ole Miss. 19 turnovers did not help (8 of which were by (PF Camara). nor did UD's leading scorer (Weaver) coming up with one point, nor starting scoring guard Elvis scoring only three points. While people point out Dayton's youth, and they are correct, the aforementioned trio all have college bb experience.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Dayton lost a very winnable resume builder game on the road versus Ole Miss. 19 turnovers did not help (8 of which were by (PF Camara). nor did UD's leading scorer (Weaver) coming up with one point, nor starting scoring guard Elvis scoring only three points. While people point out Dayton's youth, and they are correct, the aforementioned trio all have college bb experience.
The Flyer’s actually had a chance with 4 minutes but flushed it away. Amzil and Brea’s stat lines sucked as well. This is the first game since the Austin Peay game where I felt like the UD did it’s best to lose the game.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yes Dayton did miss an opportunity but they were only within 1 possession once the entire game after the first couple minutes. The game wasnt quite as close as the running score. Ole Miss answered every UD move. The most consistent players are two freshmen -- thats a problem.

As for SLU, this reminds me of a game UD played many moons ago at the Arena against a ranked Huggy Bear UC team. Dictated things most of the day, had a working lead late, then the moment got too big and puked it away. The good news is SLU played a really good team well. The bad news is close doesnt count, especially at home. Got to like the Bills stubbornness though without their best player this year. I think they will be a favorite in the A10 Tourney.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.