·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMU has a player (and 80s sitcom protagonist lookalike) in Tyler Kolek.
They were a 10 point favorite and lost. Sad. I think they are something like 43-65 since joining the league. I just wish that they would at least take care of business in OOC.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
They were a 10 point favorite and lost. Sad. I think they are something like 43-65 since joining the league. I just wish that they would at least take care of business in OOC.
It almost seems like odds makers are still taking into account preseason expections like KenPom). I wonder what the spread would have started at if this was used...

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
You can’t have it. There aren’t many conference members who haven’t blown a game or two like this, but this type of OOC loss is what holds us all back from comfortably sending 3-4 teams dancing every year.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can’t have it. There aren’t many conference members who haven’t blown a game or two like this, but this type of OOC loss is what holds us all back from comfortably sending 3-4 teams dancing every year.
Who else has lost to a MEAC team?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The A10 has made what I thought were solid, calculated membership additions in the last 25 years. Unfortunately probably half or more are regrettable. If only Duquesne had hired a sure-thing in Dambrot 15yrs ago when he was still at Akron. LaSalle and Fordham have largely been wastes of oxygen. Charlotte did very well early but left at the right time and spared the A10. Mason is like Richmond -- either really good or really awful. Davidson is in a mini-rough patch right now but has the right coach and overall has certainly added to the league so I dont worry about them. Dayton, VCU, and SLU have been the best short and long-term stocks with the first two paying a yearly dividend.

This is not to excuse some of the longer-term or even charter A10 members. GW, UMass, and SJU cant ever seem to go five seasons without flirting with single-digit wins in one of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts