Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,490 Posts
Dayton, playing at home shoots 58% from the field yet only beats SE Louisiana by six. Their three player bench contributes zero points, zero rebounds. zero assists, and one turnover. Due to injuries, they're very thin at the guard spots. I would expect their opponents to play a lot of pressure defense going forward.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Archie sits bewildered on the sidelines as he thinks about recruiting his players in the coming year, while the Rams of Kingston get clobbered by the Friars. Guess you don’t need to worry about those Rams wresting the Wether Cup from your Rams this year AA. What a terrible day for the A-10. Now we have to hope that a weak Bill and Mary team doesn’t upset the Spiders in the last game of the day just to finish above .500. Awful.
You seem like a nice guy but this made up cup you talk about gets on my nerves. It is not a thing. I am not too worried about Fordham but I am worried about VCU's inconsistent offense coupled with turnovers. VCU just needs to go small because the bigs are not helping much on the boards or in the offensive flow. Not surprised because this has been a theme.

· Registered
622 Posts
You seem like a nice guy but this made up cup you talk about gets on my nerves. It is not a thing. I am not too worried about Fordham but I am worried about VCU's inconsistent offense coupled with turnovers. VCU just needs to go small because the bigs are not helping much on the boards or in the offensive flow. Not surprised because this has been a theme.
Sorry the Wether Cup bothers you A.A. I guess you need to humor me on that. The fictional Arch Baron cup that the Flyers and Billikens play for is a fun thing, and I hope that fans of our 3 Rams teams will see some fun in the Wether Cup. Thanks for thinking of me as a nice guy. It is not my intention to bother you or anyone else with my craziness.

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Sorry the Wether Cup bothers you A.A. I guess you need to humor me on that. The fictional Arch Baron cup that the Flyers and Billikens play for is a fun thing, and I hope that fans of our 3 Rams teams will see some fun in the Wether Cup. Thanks for thinking of me as a nice guy. It is not my intention to bother you or anyone else with my craziness.
The Arch Baron Cup schtick isn’t a big thing in Dayton.

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Dayton, playing at home shoots 58% from the field yet only beats SE Louisiana by six. Their three player bench contributes zero points, zero rebounds. zero assists, and one turnover. Due to injuries, they're very thin at the guard spots. I would expect their opponents to play a lot of pressure defense going forward.
The Flyer’s starters are playing Mark Schmidt minutes. Two of the bench players played a combined three minutes, and Koby Brea played seventeen. I expect Brea will contribute once he gets his game legs back. SE Louisiana had two bench players that scored +30 points, and UD had trouble matching up to their 4 guard offense. That’s what concerns me along with the fact that the back up PG is a walk-on.

· Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been following Fordham BB (season ticket holder) since 2000 and we have never had a team this good. Eleven guys are legitimate A-10 players who can contribute. One 3 star player (Noah Best) is redshirting and one 3 star player has yet to see the court due to injury (Angel Montas). If he sees the court by conference play he has rookie of the year potential. We are also just beginning to see how good an X&O coach Keith Urgo is. His halftime adjustments are stellar and his in game substitutions are practically genius. We have a lot to be excited about on Rose Hill.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Dont read too much into the NET right now, its still early and not enough data points. It is a bit concerning though as our numbers overall as a group are not good.

· Registered
4,356 Posts
Dont read too much into the NET right now, its still early and not enough data points. It is a bit concerning though as our numbers overall as a group are not good.
Yes, as we discussed last year, the NET on Selection Sunday will be almost identical to kenpom. Though I don't think the NCAA has ever clearly stated this, it's apparent that everyone starts off the season rated equally. Although the Holy Crosses of the world start separating from the UConns and Kentuckys quite quickly, it still takes more than 8 or 9 games for everyone to find its level.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts