1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Piker
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Oof. NBCSN?! This is one that I would have been ok if it was on Stadium. Less eyes!

24.5 and I think Dayton will cover.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Fordham was hot from deep second half. Dayton had one of their 2-3 worst shooting games of the season and still won without too much squirming. Had great looks. Ordinarily if those shots go down, we'd have won by 30+. And ordinarily, they have. That said, glad it was against Fordham. Were it URI and SLU, the outcome might have been different as the margins would have been much thinner.

Neubauer can't possibly last another offseason right? Or does he have a Roy Williams-esque buyout?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Fordham was hot from deep second half. Dayton had one of their 2-3 worst shooting games of the season and still won without too much squirming. Had great looks. Ordinarily if those shots go down, we'd have won by 30+. And ordinarily, they have. That said, glad it was against Fordham. Were it URI and SLU, the outcome might have been different as the margins would have been much thinner.

Neubauer can't possibly last another offseason right? Or does he have a Roy Williams-esque buyout?
I'd give Fordham's D some credit.

As for Neubauer, It is a bit unclear. I think under normal circumstance he would be let go, but there is a rumor that our AD retires after Spring 2021 or sooner and they do not want to allow him to hire another coach or basically hire a coach for the next AD. There is also a less strong rumor that our President, who has been around way too long, will also step down around the same time. The buyout does not seem to be very big, so I do not think that is a factor.

As an aside, difference in the score: 14pts.
Difference in free-throws taken: 19
Difference in free-throws made: 13

Someone looks that boxscore, they might say it was homecooking, but it was all due to Fordham's inability to take it to the hole. (No credit to Dayton's D) :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Fordham successfully slowed the game down and the zone was effective. Grant wasn’t too unhappy after the game. The only negative that he mentioned was Fordham's 9 made threes in the second half. He thought that the Flyers had good looks.

Crutcher had his worst game of the season so that didn’t help.

Is the HC Fordham’s problem? I thought Neubauer had the team playing hard.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
No. The head coach is not Fordham’s main problem, in my opinion. I think most Fordham fans agree that, at minimum, there are bigger problems.

Here is my signature on the Fordham board:
Fordham cannot keep recycling coaches, change nothing else and expect things to get better.

On another note, based on what you are saying, Crutcher had his worst game of the season. In Fordham’s previous game, Kyle Lofton had his worst game of the season. Maybe just a coincidence, but I think not.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I saw that 24 point spread and thought there was a good chance they couldn't combine for enough points to get a 24 point game.

Fordham has no offense to speak of unless they get temporarily hot. They slow down games. They make you play their tempo. They also have legitimately good defense.

So what's the problem? Why does it always just seem to come down to an overall ability mismatch. For the love of Ace, figure this shit out!

Oh and Chet.. the #marchto18-0 continues.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I saw that 24 point spread and thought there was a good chance they couldn't combine for enough points to get a 24 point game.

Fordham has no offense to speak of unless they get temporarily hot. They slow down games. They make you play their tempo. They also have legitimately good defense.

So what's the problem? Why does it always just seem to come down to an overall ability mismatch. For the love of Ace, figure this shit out!

Oh and Chet.. the #marchto18-0 continues.
Great question. Our last two coaches have said that they did not anticipate how hard it would be to recruit to Fordham, though perhaps not in those exact words. My thought is that with each passing losing season, it just gets harder.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
On another note, Crutcher

Great question. Our last two coaches have said that they did not anticipate how hard it would be to recruit to Fordham, though perhaps not in those exact words. My thought is that with each passing losing season, it just gets harder.
And sadly, being a great school doesn't exactly resonate with your average D1 college BB recruit. I can't figure out why.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
From an outsider's view, its hard to move the program forward when players like Paschall and Honor transfer out. Guys at the end of the rotation I can understand leaving and the same for a grad transfer. Starters who you've invested a lot of time in is another matter, and makes moving the program up difficult. I think non-P5 teams run the risk of having someone getting in their player's ear urging them towards brighter lights.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
From an outsider's view, its hard to move the program forward when players like Paschall and Honor transfer out. Guys at the end of the rotation I can understand leaving and the same for a grad transfer. Starters who you've invested a lot of time in is another matter, and makes moving the program up difficult. I think non-P5 teams run the risk of having someone getting in their player's ear urging them towards brighter lights.
I agree, especially about Honor. Paschal was after a coaching change so not that uncommon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts