Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Saturday 2/15 Games

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  AlienAiden 
#1 ·

See less See more
#3 ·
paulxu, know have to root for VCU being a large public. Richmond is fine, but think if both Richmond, VCU, P5 and BE team. where equally on the bubble and two got to dance, VCU has the better chance getting selected than Richmond. So more than just preference, think it's best for the A10 for 3 bids after the Bonnies got that brown stain in their shorts.

#4 ·
Well, it's a nice thought to root for VCU so the A10 "might" be better represented in the tournament.
But...since we're only 7 spots apart in the NET, I'll just go ahead and pull for the Spiders.
Besides, a loss on the road to the web slingers won't hurt them too bad.
We don't beat VCU very often. Got to take 'em when we can get 'em.

Mooney...doing less with more every year.

#6 ·
Dayton was pretty pathetic today but still managed to eek it out at UMass. Up 16 with four to go, then suddenly decide to foul UMass guys taking HORSE shots to stop the clock and give the Minutemen free points, then turn the ball over, then take quick shots on offense. Couldnt make a layup to save our lives. UMass mucked it up gotta give them credit. Crutcher showing why he's the most respected guard in this league late in the 2nd half.

Whats your opinion on McCall. Record sucks again but if you measure just by the eyeball test, UMass is getting better and getting better players. Played Dayton, SLU, and URI tough. Beate Duquesne. But then you have blowout losses to teams like Harvard, Rutgers, Davidson, and GW. Very up and down. On the one hand I really think he's developing a team and program with far more upside than past coaches. On the other hand, I think given that upside they've perhaps under-performed. He is recruiting better. This will be his third losing season in a row however, so he's gotta get above .500 next year. But...he wasn't left much when he got to Amherst. What do the UMass fans think? If he makes an NIT by year 5 does he stay?

#9 ·
Glad I am still buzzed from my Friday night drinking game. I have to say that I saw this coming. The VCU team needs to get right for a run in the A10 tournament. That is all that is really left. get a 7th seed and try to do some damage. Good game today for you guys. Flipped the result from that last meeting. I feel bad for Evans this year because he has that competitive spirit but his body is not cooperating this year. Still ball to be played so No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

#8 ·
Chetburger, the juror is still out, but he did fire his entire staff and started anew this year. We had Buggs and TJ Weeks go down for the season and he has moved away from the ill fated full court press that opponents were able to beat and get easy baskets. Like that he is adjusting and we are very, very young. If we make it to the NIT think he stays but the blow out losses to some of those teams can not happen more than once or twice. Otherwise the seat will get warm. We have to see, but his seat has cooled off, but was very warm earlier in the season with that full court press. Defense seems better.

#12 ·
Yes, that but do not forget the fact that not having Evans who is probably VCU's best on ball defender. also factored into the difference. Teams deal with injuries and one could say it affected both games which were both blowouts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.