Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes. Back down when someone goes after him. Unfortunately Lofton has been pretty bad with it recently and has been T-d up.

Some previous Bonaventure players lacked that toughness but Kyle has it.
I guess you are saying Bones backs down. He had 17 today before going down with an injury. The guys that had trouble today were on VCU's front court.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Naa. Hyland doesn’t back down at all. Lofton and Na’shon got into it after that last game.

Hyland is a POY candidate and is good at basketball. He talks a lot and backs it up. I was just wondering (pre-injury, but posted after) if he was a dick.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Naa. Hyland doesn’t back down at all. Lofton and Na’shon got into it after that last game.

Hyland is a POY candidate and is good at basketball. He talks a lot and backs it up. I was just wondering (pre-injury, but posted after) if he was a dick.
Ha! I don't know him personally. Maybe he is but he appears to be a good guy to me. Are you a dick?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Plus one’s definition of a “dick” varies. I’ve been called a dick before, yes...
He’s a competitive kid, that’s for sure.
As for your bigs... I’d take Ward (we tried) and Stockard (his uncle sorta tried).

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Plus one’s definition of a “dick” varies. I’ve been called a dick before, yes...
He’s a competitive kid, that’s for sure.
As for your bigs... I’d take Ward (we tried) and Stockard (his uncle sorta tried).
Ha! It's all good. I like VCU's young players. Heck, VCU was on their toes and down when Bones got hurt. They fought to get it to OT. I just think some of the youth showed up all day. VCU has played well but if I am to be honest I would say that VCU could screw the pooch anytime. They had a chance to go 10-2 and create separation but they came out playing sloppy and lackluster. I give credit to Mason for taking it to them. As I said earlier, shit happens. Oh and Go Bona! Need you guys to take down Davidson so we can all be behind UMass who will be in first. Sheesh! What a shitshow of a season. I guess we are getting some entertainment in the f*cked up year.

Reactions: PYBonnie05

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Most highly competitive people are dicks during games, because they care more about WINNING and being great than they care about the feelings of others.

The real question is "are they a dick after the final buzzer?"

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Most highly competitive people are dicks during games, because they care more about WINNING and being great than they care about the feelings of others.

The real question is "are they a dick after the final buzzer?"
I'm not so sure. When I used to work for a living, I was sometimes an expert witness (don't ask, I don't want to bore you to death any more than I usually do). I found that the opposing witnesses who were assholes or liars on the witness stand tended to be assholes and liars in real life.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts