Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Dayton/Duquesne game and the Richmond/Bona game should both be on national TV. It’s a bad look when you scroll through every Top 25 game today and the only one not on any channel is the Dayton game (especially when playing an 18-7 Top 100 team):

At least everyone will get to see Rhode Island kick Davidson's ass.

·
Piker
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dayton/Duquesne game and the Richmond/Bona game should both be on national TV. It’s a bad look when you scroll through every Top 25 game today and the only one not on any channel is the Dayton game:

At least everyone will get see Rhode Island kick Davidson’s ass.
ESPN does not do a very good job of listing networks. The Richmond/ Bona game is on NBC Sports network.

You can watch the Dayton/Duquesne game here.....

PS-I would be careful about Davidson. They have a way of playing well at Belk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ESPN does not do a very good job of listing networks. The Richmond/ Bona game is on NBC Sports network.

You can watch the Dayton/Duquesne game here.....

PS-I would be careful about Davidson. They have a way of playing well at Belk.
Ah, ESPN tends to miss the NBCSN games sometimes for whatever reason, so thanks for the heads up there.

And yeah, I know about Stadium, but I'm just saying it's not a good look for the conference when you have a Top 5 team playing a Top 100 team and it's not on national TV like every other game on that list. Granted, more often than not a big A10 game is on national TV, but there's definitely been a handful of games that missed out.

Obviously one of the issues is that Davidson was projected to be much better and was therefore put on a lot of national TV games this year over other A10 teams. And you're right, Davidson plays better at home, so that game will probably be a crap shoot. I'm just so disappointed in Davidson that I like to shit on them. Every time it looks like they're turning the corner, they lose a bad game.

·
Piker
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, ESPN tends to miss the NBCSN games sometimes for whatever reason, so thanks for the heads up there.

And yeah, I know about Stadium, but I'm just saying it's not a good look for the conference when you have a Top 5 team playing a Top 100 team and it's not on national TV like every other game on that list. Granted, more often than not a big A10 game is on national TV, but there's definitely been a handful of games that missed out.

Obviously one of the issues is that Davidson was projected to be much better and was therefore put on a lot of national TV games this year over other A10 teams. And you're right, Davidson plays better at home, so that game will probably be a crap shoot. I'm just so disappointed in Davidson that I like to shit on them. Every time it looks like they're turning the corner, they lose a bad game.
Well, all of the national TV games are worked out before the season begins. The programs can stump for games to be aired and the TV networks have to agree. Just because UD is ranked the networks are not going to rearrange already prearranged programming. My guess is that they worked out this game deal with Stadium before the season began.

·
Piker
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jinx Ace ?
I will guess that he said something about them taking that 3 instead of running out the clock and Grant set him straight. Ha!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Jinx Ace
I will guess that he said something about them taking that 3 instead of running out the clock and Grant set him straight. Ha!
This one always bugs me. As the losing team, if I'm on the losing end at least, I say play the possession and it's our job to stop you. You dribble it out and hand the ball to the ref for a shot clock violation would piss me off more. Especially with 15s to go. If a coach has a problem with that there is a simple solution.. play better next time.

·
Piker
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another coach having handshake words with Carla Tortelli.
It was quite funny because Dambrot was going to blow by him after saying something and Grant grabbed his arm and held on. Then he set him straight. Heck, the shot clock was running out. I guess Crutcher could have held it but he decided to shoot before the buzzer. Then Duquesne did not hold it and went to hit a 3 at the buzzer.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm a little hurt that Bona91 hasn't as yet reported in to tell us where he is pre-gaming.
Burton was too packed. At the Knights of Columbus across the street partaking in wings and beer with Ladderman.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts