Registered
3,927 Posts
mainejeff said:
Just to Re-cap:

Men:

Quinnipiac 64 UNH 62
Harvard 65 Vermont 57
High Point 70 Maine 67

Thank you sir...may I have another...OUCH....and whats with William & Mary...losing by like 25 at the half to Holy Cross. Too many players on the Maine boxscores are putting up no stats. Looks like a tough men's AE season for the conference(we all knew it would be) but the women are looking very good so far.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
UVM women lost by about 20 to Pitt

·
Registered
229 Posts
Those are some tough losses today, since I thought all 3 would be won. I guess I expected a little better than the start the AE is off to so far. I don't have bitterness towards the AE, I would like to see the league succeed (well except for BU :grinning: ) Better days are ahead.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
HNU - You forgot to remind them that NU is 2-0 beating Brown and coming from 9 down with 3 to go to win at CCSU 94-90. Note to any AE team playing CCSU - they're not tall by any means, but they're rugged and physical and send 4 men to the boards on every shot - their offensive rebounding is quite impressive.

JJB had 28 points and 14 rebounds tonight, James has 12 points, 9 boards, 9 blocks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My apologies NUHF. I felt bad rubbing it in after the tough losses the league suffered today. CCSU game had me very worried as I listened to it. Win and move on, thats all we can do. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
33,350 Posts
Hoops NU said:
Those are some tough losses today, since I thought all 3 would be won. I guess I expected a little better than the start the AE is off to so far. I don't have bitterness towards the AE, I would like to see the league succeed (well except for BU :grinning: ) Better days are ahead.

I'm not surprised with any of the losses so far. Not one.

The only thing that honestly has surprised me is the margin that Maine has been losing by, and that isn't a swipe at Maine, just shows how much they miss Reed. I think the Maine fans would agree with me.

This conference is way down from last year- but writing that is like beating a dead horse.

We all know it.

Hey,since I am an optimist, we all have one thing in common- AT LEAST WE AREN'T MICHIGAN STATE TODAY. 84-62 to HAWAII . I can see them sprinting right now :)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Anyone else think a Reed-less Maine might drop one to UMFK this week?

God, if they lost by that much to Bill and Mary, what the heck is Pittsburgh going to do?

:dead:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
NU Hoop Fan said:
HNU - You forgot to remind them that NU is 2-0 beating Brown and coming from 9 down with 3 to go to win at CCSU 94-90. Note to any AE team playing CCSU - they're not tall by any means, but they're rugged and physical and send 4 men to the boards on every shot - their offensive rebounding is quite impressive.

JJB had 28 points and 14 rebounds tonight, James has 12 points, 9 boards, 9 blocks.
How come Benson has barely played? I thought he was suppossed to be an impact player.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
NU Hoop Fan said:

I missed the game, but by all accounts JJB is the man and James can alter almost any team's offense. Good article in the Courant, which said Central was on the verge on a small upset, but JJB took over and CCSU folded. Not the result I wanted, but sounds like NU will have a fine season. I feel good heading into our OOC games.

http://www.courant.com/sports/colle...094304.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports-college

http://www.newbritainherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15610059&BRD=1641&PAG=461&dept_id=17739&rfi=6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts