Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I don't know, it's sounding like Paul Allen wants to keep Rasheed. But the blazers would much rather see him go for nothing, than to pay the ridiculas salaries of NYK players.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!
But the blazers would much rather see him go for nothing, than to pay the ridiculas salaries of NYK players.
Absolutely... if NY still had some interesting pieces to trade (see: the Marbury deal) something might be worked out. As it is, if Wallace is bound and determined to go to NY for the MLE, then there's nothing Portland can do about it but they shouldn't compound their problem by taking on bad deals.

Ed O.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I stopped reading after the 2nd "Rashweed". PV's a punk.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
The whole problem with even considering this thought is:

1) It comes from NY and Peter V
2) What is the source of this for Wallace to say he wants to sign with NY in the offseason for the MLE?

Any thoughts from the Knicks should be considered tampering with a soon to be FA.

Portland still has until March to extend his contract, or he does become a FA. Although it sounds as if the talks may have been shelved, per talk in the media the last 2 or so weeks.

I can see Sheed maybe going to NY just to be closer to his native Philly though. But I am sure he would rather sign the MLE with Philly than NY.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Read the article from ESPN.com

If Portland doesn't get a better offer than Nick Van Exel and Erick Dampier for Rasheed Wallace over the next three weeks -- and if owner Paul Allen, who scuttled trade talks with Dallas, can be convinced to part with 'Sheed -- that's the trade they'll probably make. Because it's the only offer so far that keeps the Blazers on track to be well under the salary cap in the summer of 2005, while keeping them reasonably competitive in the short term. It would also enable Golden State to clear significant cap room this summer, to chase Kobe Bryant or Nash or pursue other ambitious roster alterations, because they'd be acquiring Wallace now strictly to let him go in July. ... The catch? "All I can say is that there are more offers to come," said one confident Portland insider. ...

Some confident insider???? :confused: Jason Quick?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

Some confident insider???? :confused: Jason Quick?
Well, let's hope that whomever it is, that person's right. Deciding to trade Rasheed for those two would be a big disappointment to me unless they have other moves (trading Damon and/or Dale Davis) to couple with it.

Ed O.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SheedSoNasty</b>!
I stopped reading after the 2nd "Rashweed". PV's a punk.
Yup, Peter Vescey has the emotional maturity of a seven year old. But he thinks he's being funny and clever...and no doubt he is funny and clever to other readers who have the maturity of seven year olds. ;)

Anyway, this doesn't worry me in the least. Vecsey saying it is as reputable and likely to happen as me saying that Tracy McGrady is going to opt out and join the Blazers for the mid-level exception.

Wallace just last night said he'd like to say with the Blazers, and I find it nearly impossible that he would accept just the MLE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts