Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dead WRONG ...I'll be pissed if SBU is allowed in...rules are rules.
The rules state that there will be a decision made, so the decision will be made.

Question to those who know more than me - the team I'm most concerned about if/when we get barred from the conference tourney is WBB, which is having a great season. If they win the regular season title, do they still get an NIT bid?

As far as spring sports, WLax is likely in regardless, and if they have a tremendous year MLax has a shot as well. Soft and Base have no chance. That's the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
The rules state that there will be a decision made, so the decision will be made.

Question to those who know more than me - the team I'm most concerned about if/when we get barred from the conference tourney is WBB, which is having a great season. If they win the regular season title, do they still get an NIT bid?

As far as spring sports, WLax is likely in regardless, and if they have a tremendous year MLax has a shot as well. Soft and Base have no chance. That's the way it is.
I believe this is just a conference rule. I don’t think there’s any rule baring any postseason after that, so WNIT may still happen, at-large in lax may still happen, etc.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Does anyone know why the official CAA announcement had to be made in-season? Could they not have waited until March to officially publicize everything?
I would guess they either leaked it or announced it to show their viability/stability. They may have needed to show that to keep other members from leaving or to try to lure more new members.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Does anyone know why the official CAA announcement had to be made in-season? Could they not have waited until March to officially publicize everything?
Well if an announcement is made at any time during the school year, it will be "in season" for some sports regardless. There have been announcements made at all times of the calendar over the past several months.

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I can’t speak to the other sports, but if Stony Brook is looking for an easier path to the Dance the CAA offers that.

You mean these guys?
View attachment 21378
Posting a result from a game that is 2 years old where UVM couldn't even break 60 points is not the flex you think it is.

You're also aware teams go through roster changes, right? Or get better the next season? Or the season after?

Some of y'all's CAA penis envy is strong that you're looking like more of a joke than 1-2 Stony Brook fans saying a few silly things.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Posting a result from a game that is 2 years old where UVM couldn't even break 60 points is not the flex you think it is.

You're also aware teams go through roster changes, right? Or get better the next season? Or the season after?

Some of y'all's CAA penis envy is strong that you're looking like more of a joke than 1-2 Stony Brook fans saying a few silly things.
You gonna be OK?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,219 Posts
The directionality of the CAA since ODU/VCU/Mason departed- doesn't that really just speak for itself? I mean, look at the recent announcement of additions: SBU/Hampton/Monmouth. No offense, of course.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts