Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting point guard, Anthony Jackson, of the Stony Brook University Seawolves Men's Basketball team is one of 85 players named to the Cousy Award watch list for the 2012-2013 season. Jackson is the ONLY America East player to be nominated. The award is given to the nation's best point guard and word on the streets is that Jackson is a lock to be one of 20 finalists and has the inside track to a top five finish. I'm not one to speak for Mr. Jackson but I will say that im sure Anthony will be proud to be the only AE representative and will work hard on behalf of all the point guards in the league that were'nt good enough to make the list. This also should answer any questions about freshman Carson "Tre" Puriefoy's lack of playing time. The freshman phenom is an awesome player. It is understandable however that when you are playing behind a Cousy Award watch list nominee that cracking the line up is going to be tough.

Once again. Congrats Anthony Jackson. You are awesome and you deserve this highest of honors! :yesyesyes:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Always good for the AE to get national notice but he'll have to improve on his 18 assist and 25 turnovers vs DI comp to lock up the Cousy Award. (LOL)

:yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes:​

85 nominees from 347 (almost 25%) DI schools I guess the SID submitted his name.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This award will be a nice pick me up after the bitterness of having SB football player Miguel Maysonet having to settle as runner up for the Walter Payton award. Tough to accept that Miguel was only the second best player in all of FCS football. A win by SB's own Anthony Jackson will take away some of the sting.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
This award will be a nice pick me up after the bitterness of having SB football player Miguel Maysonet having to settle as runner up for the Walter Payton award. Tough to accept that Miguel was only the second best player in all of FCS football. A win by SB's own Anthony Jackson will take away some of the sting. - SaltySeawolf
Salty - Sorry to have to break the news to you but I think your sting is going to irritate you for a long, long time and please don't hold your breathe.

Well maybe you should hold your breathe (LOL) - only kidding.

Just don't think about it - your steamrolling of Maryland will take some of your pain away!!!!

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Good for Jackson to get recognized, he's playing very well this year.

Surprised Mike Black wasn't named.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Does every conference get one nominee? Or do some conferences get multiple nominees, and some others none? I'm curious, and I couldn't find that info on the cousyaward website.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Does every conference get one nominee? Or do some conferences get multiple nominees, and some others none? I'm curious, and I couldn't find that info on the cousyaward website.
I count 71 nominees today, so ... no. At least three from the ACC and the SEC. In fact there are two from Lehigh, McCollum and McKnight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts