Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
So I assume once teams arrive to Indy that applies, but not beforehand?
I googled that. I am not googling this one. Ha! You got more questions than the police.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
If only one Duke player tested positive, why did they pull the season? (other than not making the dance)

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
So they can say Covid ended their season, not being shitty at basketball
I bet this happens:
Hey coach K any comment on missing tourney for first time in xx years?

“We didnt miss the tournament, our season was cancelled due to Covid”

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes, it's the viral version of Coach K's back, when he had his shitty season put on an assistant coaches' record as a head coach and not his own. He's really 4-15 worse than the records say he is.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
UVA out of ACC tourney due to COVID. Ga Tech advances to final.

That's five teams:
Duke, Virginia
NC A&T (MEAC #1 seed)
Florida International
Northern Iowa (over a week ago)

The decision to move the A-10 tourney up a week looks smarter and smarter. If that had happened to us in the quarters, we could have paused, tested, cleared everyone else on teams and played 4 days later, and if necessary, done it again before our final.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
UVA out of ACC tourney due to COVID. Ga Tech advances to final.

That's five teams:
Duke, Virginia
NC A&T (MEAC #1 seed)
Florida International
Northern Iowa (over a week ago)

The decision to move the A-10 tourney up a week looks smarter and smarter. If that had happened to us in the quarters, we could have paused, tested, cleared everyone else on teams and played 4 days later, and if necessary, done it again before our final.
Except flip side, what do you do if either team in Sunday's final gets a +? They'd be out of the dance.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If either side got a positive Sunday, they would have gotten a positive when they arrived at Indy and been in the same position, right?

(Or they should have played the final on like Tuesday?)

Obviously, TV dictated terms of when the final was to be played. Either CBS didn't want us to move off Sunday, or we didn't want to give up the national TV timeslot on 1 pm on Selection Sunday before the Big Ten and Selection Show.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
If either side got a positive Sunday, they would have gotten a positive when they arrived at Indy and been in the same position, right?

(Or they should have played the final on like Tuesday?)

Obviously, TV dictated terms of when the final was to be played. Either CBS didn't want us to move off Sunday, or we didn't want to give up the national TV timeslot on 1 pm on Selection Sunday before the Big Ten and Selection Show.
I feel like they should have played the championship last weekend. It would give teams more time to quarantine. The NCAA really screwed up in my eyes. They should have delayed the NCAA tourney two weeks after selection Sunday before teams from all over the country converge on Indy.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
From a friend of mine.....The NET makes no sense to me. UNC beats #44 VT (a Q1 win) against an NCAA Tournament team. Oregon beats #116 Arizona State. Oregon jumps UNC in NET. Oregon won by a little more, but that makes no sense.

VT loses a Q1 game to an NCAA Tournament team and drops from 44 to 49.

Oh, and that big win over 12-15 Indiana with their #60 NET helped boost Rutgers over VCU. SMH

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
From a friend of mine.....The NET makes no sense to me. UNC beats #44 VT (a Q1 win) against an NCAA Tournament team. Oregon beats #116 Arizona State. Oregon jumps UNC in NET. Oregon won by a little more, but that makes no sense.

VT loses a Q1 game to an NCAA Tournament team and drops from 44 to 49.

Oh, and that big win over 12-15 Indiana with their #60 NET helped boost Rutgers over VCU. SMH
The big thing to remember is that Oregon vs Arizona State and UNC vs Va Tech were not the ONLY GAMES PLAYED. One game effects the two teams, but also effects everyone those two have played, and everyone who played the teams those teams played. And everyone else in the country is having their math change at the same time.

UNC had previously played these teams:
WON THURS: UVA, GT
LOST THURS: SYR, SYR, MIA, UK, UNLV, NCCU
2-6

Oregon had previously played these teams:
WON THURS: COL, COL, USC, MIZZOU, OREG ST, OREG ST, EWU
LOST THURS: UCLA, UTAH, UTAH, CAL, CAL
7-5

UNC picked up a good win, but the value of 8 previous games went down
Oregon picked up meh win, but the value of 12 previous games went up.

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
The big thing to remember is that Oregon vs Arizona State and UNC vs Va Tech were not the ONLY GAMES PLAYED. One game effects the two teams, but also effects everyone those two have played, and everyone who played the teams those teams played. And everyone else in the country is having their math change at the same time.

UNC had previously played these teams:
WON THURS: UVA, GT
LOST THURS: SYR, SYR, MIA, UK, UNLV, NCCU
2-6

Oregon had previously played these teams:
WON THURS: COL, COL, USC, MIZZOU, OREG ST, OREG ST, EWU
LOST THURS: UCLA, UTAH, UTAH, CAL, CAL
7-5

UNC picked up a good win, but the value of 8 previous games went down
Oregon picked up meh win, but the value of 12 previous games went up.
SLU have any chance besides COVID replacement?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts