Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is great.

I don't want to edit your page because I am not 100% sure of the situation but there is a minor adjustment for SLU based on Paul Eckerle's scholarship. I am not 100% sure of the details but I believe he has a "flexible" scholarship. He will get a scholarship if there is one available but if SLU needs another one for 2010-11 they can use Eckerle's. Paul Eckerle has a full ride academic scholarship which I believe is related to the "flexibility" in his scholarship.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just added a walk-on for us this year. If I did it wrong, feel free to edit it.
It's a scholarship tree, so it should only include players on scholarships.

There are a couple of notable exceptions - Jamar Briscoe was a mid-major All-American (scoring 24 pts against Arkansas, 28 against NC State, and 34 against Duquesne as a freshman last season) and will undoubtedly earn a scholarship once a scholarship opens up. But during his sit-out transfer year, he is technically a walk-on and not on scholarship. Kelvin Agee is redshirting this season and the head coach is considering possibly putting him on scholarship starting next year. Paul Eckerle already has a full-ride academic scholarship so he may walk-on the team without any financial impact if the team decides to add 13 other players on basketball scholarships onto their roster.

But on the other hand, Charlotte should have a couple of walk-ons this coming season that either transferred from, or had basketball scholarship offers from DII schools. But as of right now, they don't seem to be strong candidates to be among the 13 basketball scholarships next year so they are not included in the spreadsheet. Trevin Parks is another Charlotte walk-on that was actively recruited to be the backup point guard by Bobby Lutz himself ... but that scholarship went to Derrio Green. Parks enrolled anyway. He might earn himself a scholarship next year at the coach's discretion if one is left open, so I added him with a question mark next to his name.

BTW - how does the rest of the teams look to everybody? The spreadsheet seems to be filling out pretty nicely.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Made a number of changes to the La Salle scholarship tree:

1)Removed Vernon Goodridge from the 2009-10 roster as he was denied his last year of eligibility in mid-September.
2)Added 6'8" former walk-on Steve Weingarten to last years, this years and next years roster as he was given a scholarship by Coach Giannini last year.
3) Removed Nurideen Lindsey from the 2009-10 and 2010-11 rosters. Lindsey verballed to La Salle two years ago but never signed and did not even play his senior year of high school. His whereabouts are unknown, but what has been known for the past year is that he'd never wear a La Salle uniform.
4) Removed Ruben Cotto from the 2010-11 roster. Cotto verballed to La Salle back in the spring and was supposed to transfer into La Salle in 2010 after spending this year at an Illinois juco. But he never enrolled and is now playing professionally in Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In honor of Signing Day, I added another year (2011-2012) to the spreadsheet.

As news breaks for surprise signings or redshirts (medical or otherwise) or academic casualties this season, feel free to either update the tree yourself or to ask someone to update the Tree for you.

Thanks for everyone's help with this!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Survivor, thanks for keeping this up to date. Trey Lang was a walk-on last year. Maybe think about adding a walk on category for the Legend. David Laury is a question mark on eligibility. Morgan is correct, may not have a scholarship this Spring when he becomes eligible (transfer rules).

·
Registered
961 Posts
All the scuttlebutt on the Hawk board is saying that Papa Samba Ndao will not be a Hawk, at least not this academic year. So that addition may be premature.

Ghost of Gore wins Florida

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Added Luke Cothron, who has been official accepted by Admissions: http://www.gazettenet.com/node/281579

Still thought we would be one over with scholarships, so perhaps Matt Hill would become a walk-on. This is purely speculation on my part. I suppose a lot can happen in a year, but wanted it to add up to just 13 scholarships. Again this is 100% speculation on how we come up with 13 scholarships next year. Perhaps one of the non qualifiers doesn't pan. Who has a Crystal ball?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You can add Jackson Memorial PF Jimmy McDonnell for Temple's class of 2010.
You can add Jacksonville Providence PG Will Cummings for Temple's class of 2011.
You can remove Carmel Bouchman, as he returned home to Israel.

21 - 40 of 138 Posts