Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the maximum (realistic) scoring numbers some of the NBA's younger player will put up in their top years? Here are a few of mine:

(P.S., the Bison Dele thing was sad, R.I.P.)

Tracy McGrady- I imagine he'll have a few seasons of 31 PPG in 3 years or so

Vince Carter- I don't see him going over 29 regularly, might get 32 a game in one season, under the right circumstances (for scoring, not winning, however)

Kobe Bryant- Not sure about him yet, but 34+ isn't out of the question for a season or two or maybe even three...(yes, he is THAT good)

Dirk Nowitzki- 24-28 PPG in his prime years IMO

Yao Ming- He'll be able to score big I'm sure, but consistently? I'd give him 22 a game in his prime (assuming everything comes together)

Tyson Chandler- 18 a game if he works hard on his game and during games

LeBron James (GASP!)- I don't see him being focused on scoring a lot ala Iverson, Pierce, but he still will get his (if he is as good as he appears and is said to be) to the tune of 23-26 a contest

Post yours! Thanks...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good Picks.

Tracy McGrady - 29 PPG for T-Mac in his Prime. I think he can average that for a few years.

Vince Carter - 30-31 PPG if Vince can stay healthy and work hard. I believe he can do this for awhile.

Kobe Bryant - 33-34 PPG. Kobe is a young man, still awaiting his prime. He has a great work ethic, and can probably average this in a few years for many years to come.

Dirk Nowitzki - 29 PPG

Yao Ming - 20PPG Ming will probably average around the 20 spot in his best years.

Allen Iverson - 31 PPG Easy for Allen. He's the sixers only option, and will continue to fire many, many shots. He's going to average this for awhile.

Paul Pierce - 29-30 PPG

LeBron James - 26 PPG

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
It all depends on if they have coaches that will let them take all the shots they need to get 30+ PPG. I don't see anybody doing it as consistently as Wilt and MJ did it though. Plus, some guys just aren't inclined to want to take the shots needed to get to that number, as it can disrupt the team flow offensively and even the team chemistry.

Iverson has that leadway and he did manage 30+ PPG for a season( I don't think he did it for more than 1 season though), but who knows if his body will last with the beating he takes every game!

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Paul Pierce - 34-36 ppg is very possible. Antoine Walker is the only other guy who can score, so chances are Pierce will be shooting a lot. That and because he's the biggest ball whore I've seen. XD

Ray Allen - 25-28ppg. Some may say he's already at his prime, and he may very well be. I think he might have a break out season in the next few years. His points will go up now that Robinson is gone.

Shaq - 30-32 ppg. We all know he can do better, but he's got to keep Kobe happy.

Kobe Bryant - 32-35ppg. Hey, Shaq's getting the recognition of winning all the MVP awards and Championships, Bryant's gonna want some attention too. Lakers is also very much a two man team, so this is possible.

Vince Carter - 28-32 ppg. The raptors is a pretty good team, with its share of players capable of scoring. With AD, Junkyard dog, Alvin William, and Mo-pete, he's not going to get to shoot as much as other players like T-Mac.

T-Mac - 30-34 ppg. Even with Hill back, Magic is still pretty much a one man team.

Marbury - 24-28ppg, assuming that he gets traded to a better team, or has a break out season.

McDyees - Let's hope he has yet to reach his prime. I say 22-25ppg would be good.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Why no love for Ming?

Surely he'll be able to have a season of more than 22 points a game. He's friggin' 7'5" tall, and if he develops like he's expected to then who's gonna stop him? By the time he reaches his prime Shaq will already be retired. What other centers are there? Duncan may be a center then. Kandi will be in his prime, as will Curry and some others, but how many of them are as physical as Shaq? Obviously, none of them. Ming should be able to score in the 25-30 range in his prime if he turns into the player he's expected to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts