Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Boras wants a seven year, 84 million dollar contract for Damon. This really could cause some problems. Damon is already 32 and the contract would expire when he's 39. Not to mention he's asking for a ludicrous amount of money. Should be interesting to see what the new GM does.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
historyofthegame said:
Scott Boras wants a seven year, 84 million dollar contract for Damon. This really could cause some problems. Damon is already 32 and the contract would expire when he's 39. Not to mention he's asking for a ludicrous amount of money. Should be interesting to see what the new GM does.

We have a GM?

There's no way Damon gets 7 million from anyone. I love Johnny, and eventhough 5 years is too much, I'd be willing to give it to him. But 7/84? WTF?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
WOW, that is insane. Is he using Bernie Williams just expiring contract as a barometer?

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Wink said:
7 years 84 million dollars I was thinking more in the range of 4 years 45 million dollars.
That is still high.

I think the Yankees helped the Red Sox on this one by setting the value of Outfielders with Matsui's newly signed contract.

Is Damon worth as much as Matsui? or 2 Million less, but 3 years longer?

-Petey

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
smh

Yankees are officially going to get him

they are the only team that has that kind of money and is willing to spend it

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:
smh

Yankees are officially going to get him

they are the only team that has that kind of money and is willing to spend it
Even the Yankees wouldn't give him that kind of money. It's a fairly safe bet that Juan Pierre will be in pinstripes next season.

There is no team in the league dumb enough to give Damon this kind of money. In a couple weeks, he'll realize that and he'll be back with the Red Sox next year.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
^^ Nope, the Yankees thought he was worth their standard $13 million per year for outfielders, and their original offer of four years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts