Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now scottie weighs in. the bulls press office really working it lately. not exactly subtle.

Q. Is this what you expected when you re-signed with Bulls?

I thought the experience would be a little better. I would think after three years (in the NBA) you would be professional enough to know some of the ins and outs of the game, some of the nuances of what it takes to win, how hard you have to play every night. To some degree we have veteran guys who have been in the league three or four years who don't play hard every night. They play at their own level and think they can be productive at that level.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/bulls/2004-01-20-pippen_x.htm

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Ouch, take that Jamal and Eddy!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
You know what kills me about all these comments being made about the Bulls young guys? This team isn't that young. It's actually pretty old. Check it....

Gill is a very old vet player who was supposed to stabalize the team a bit. This guy simply doesn't show up. Oh, he thinks he does. He doesn't. He couldn't man the sf position when he was needed so Pax had to find someone in the NBDL. Gill has a good game once every 10 outings. He falls in love with the post-up game when he should be taking mid-range jumpers. He should be backing up Jamal. Period. And what does our veteran leader do when he's benched? Complain! Even though anyone with a VCR can see that their game has been uglier than ****. Oh and how often does Gill go to the line? Not very.

Pippen - play double digit games before you rip on how hard guys are playing.

Davis and Williams - not exactly spring chickens. They also play a lot of minutes. Losses can be blamed on them just as much as the "young guys."

Blount - Is he a rookie? Oh that's right. He's been in the league since they used peach baskets on poles.

Brunson - I cry a little every time he takes the court.

Fizer and E-Rob - 4+ years in the league yet too stupid to use their size and attack the basket and too lazy to practice :30 after Skiles is done. Hey E-Rob! If you don't want to jinx your Danny Ferry ugly jumper then why don't you practice dribbling around cones for a half hour? You can't handle the ball. You're like a 14 year old going for a boob for the first time. Clumsy.

Crawford - he is struggling but he plays hard. F anyone that says he isn't trying his best out there. He's bad on defense, not because he doesn't try but because he doesn't know how. He just handles picks incorrectly and doesn't know when to cheat to his guys weak hand. He can learn these things. He works hard and at least has some great games unlike some of the geezers.

Eddy - He's been a huge disappointment. Why? Because we all want to see the field goal leading Eddy Beast from last season. He's disappointing b/c we know what he can do not b/c we know he's horrible. The Bulls were predicted to make the play-offs based on Eddy Curry. When's the last time in 6 years a Bull had to shoulder that burden? Never. People knew we'd suck. It ain't Eddy's fault everyone was counting on him to carry the team at age 21. Yes he needs to work way harder but he's not the only problem on this team.

Tyson - Has only played ten games. When he played those games he was consistent and improved his game a ton from last year. No one played harder than him so he can't be the one the "vets" are *****ing about. Only Bull who attacked the basket whenever possible. Davis - fade-away in the paint - and Kendall - watch me post up a guy 6 inches taller than me - Gill can't say that.

Kirk - not playing like a young guy. Plays his *** off. Has played about 5000 more minutes than Pippen.

Dupree - has been here for maybe 7 games so he can't be blamed for all the losses. If Gill and E-Rob didn't suck they wouldn't have had to find him.

The young guys that keep getting all the blame thrown their way are the only people on the team that don't make me crazy when I watch the them. I get mad at some individual plays at times but I can see what they are capable of becomming. The vets never had it, save for Pippen, so they see these guys with all the skill in the world and only 3 years to develop it and get mad at them for not leading them to wins. If Eddy is sucking then the vets are supposed to be there to step up. But they're not b/c we keep losing.

Also - we're not getting Kobe so no sense in dumping players to make it happen.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
"They pay their money to come in and drink their booze, and if they don't like what they see, they're going to boo,'' Pippen said. "It's happened before.''

We wouldn't boo if we didn't feel you are stealing 4.5m from us.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!
You know what kills me about all these comments being made about the Bulls young guys? This team isn't that young. It's actually pretty old. Check it....

Gill is a very old vet player who was supposed to stabalize the team a bit. This guy simply doesn't show up. Oh, he thinks he does. He doesn't. He couldn't man the sf position when he was needed so Pax had to find someone in the NBDL. Gill has a good game once every 10 outings. He falls in love with the post-up game when he should be taking mid-range jumpers. He should be backing up Jamal. Period. And what does our veteran leader do when he's benched? Complain! Even though anyone with a VCR can see that their game has been uglier than ****. Oh and how often does Gill go to the line? Not very.

Pippen - play double digit games before you rip on how hard guys are playing.

Davis and Williams - not exactly spring chickens. They also play a lot of minutes. Losses can be blamed on them just as much as the "young guys."

Blount - Is he a rookie? Oh that's right. He's been in the league since they used peach baskets on poles.

Brunson - I cry a little every time he takes the court.

Fizer and E-Rob - 4+ years in the league yet too stupid to use their size and attack the basket and too lazy to practice :30 after Skiles is done. Hey E-Rob! If you don't want to jinx your Danny Ferry ugly jumper then why don't you practice dribbling around cones for a half hour? You can't handle the ball. You're like a 14 year old going for a boob for the first time. Clumsy.

Crawford - he is struggling but he plays hard. F anyone that says he isn't trying his best out there. He's bad on defense, not because he doesn't try but because he doesn't know how. He just handles picks incorrectly and doesn't know when to cheat to his guys weak hand. He can learn these things. He works hard and at least has some great games unlike some of the geezers.

Eddy - He's been a huge disappointment. Why? Because we all want to see the field goal leading Eddy Beast from last season. He's disappointing b/c we know what he can do not b/c we know he's horrible. The Bulls were predicted to make the play-offs based on Eddy Curry. When's the last time in 6 years a Bull had to shoulder that burden? Never. People knew we'd suck. It ain't Eddy's fault everyone was counting on him to carry the team at age 21. Yes he needs to work way harder but he's not the only problem on this team.

Tyson - Has only played ten games. When he played those games he was consistent and improved his game a ton from last year. No one played harder than him so he can't be the one the "vets" are *****ing about. Only Bull who attacked the basket whenever possible. Davis - fade-away in the paint - and Kendall - watch me post up a guy 6 inches taller than me - Gill can't say that.

Kirk - not playing like a young guy. Plays his *** off. Has played about 5000 more minutes than Pippen.

Dupree - has been here for maybe 7 games so he can't be blamed for all the losses. If Gill and E-Rob didn't suck they wouldn't have had to find him.

The young guys that keep getting all the blame thrown their way are the only people on the team that don't make me crazy when I watch the them. I get mad at some individual plays at times but I can see what they are capable of becomming. The vets never had it, save for Pippen, so they see these guys with all the skill in the world and only 3 years to develop it and get mad at them for not leading them to wins. If Eddy is sucking then the vets are supposed to be there to step up. But they're not b/c we keep losing.

Also - we're not getting Kobe so no sense in dumping players to make it happen.
Good post Lizzy, nice read. I think we sometimes have a tendency to forget that the older guys on this team aren't really doing much of anything either. All of the blame goes on the young players but the vets aren't exactly helping much themselves outside of JYD and a little AD.

·
Registered
465 Posts
As a future hall-of-famer, Pip can say whatever the hell he wants. Players (and fans) should realize the man knows what he's talking about and stop crying like little babies. So he hasnt played this year, big deal, hes been injured and he is like 38, what were you expecting.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
Pippen can suck it to be quite honest... I'm pretty angry in regards to his comments about Chicago fans.

Pippen has made progress over the years. I'd rather he call me a drunk than a racist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts