Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout

A-10 Power Rankings (Week 2): SJU, BU, XU, TU, VCU, UMass, SLU, UD, UR, LaS, SBU, Char, GW, Duq, Ford, URI.
Discuss.

I would move UD up a couple of spots to behind VCU.

Reactions: A10fan2

·
Registered
56 Posts
No A-10 team has really blown me away so far. Will evaluate fully after tonight's action. SJU and Temple both Top 3 as of today, though.
It would tempt me, that's for certain. RT @ButlerWay @BWeixScout Would Butler or St. Louis jump to the top spot with big wins today?
FWIW, my A-10 rankings should look like SJU.....[everyone else]. The Hawks have been extraordinary to start 2012.
Apparently he didn't really consider it much. Butler win must not have been impressive enough.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Well, X was picked with the dregs of the A-10, and yeah, maybe it will turn out that way but gotta love the effort so far.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
UMass #5, that's a dream. If only. I'm pretty disappointed and worried right now. I hope that Kellogg can right the ship before the Siena game on Nov 28.

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
UMass #5, that's a dream. If only. I'm pretty disappointed and worried right now. I hope that Kellogg can right the ship before the Siena game on Nov 28.
Retweet.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I don't know where Dayton belongs at this point. Despite having two scalps from the BCS conferences, those teams are terrible. We've played one good team (Colorado), and we lost. I need more data!

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I think updating your power rankings off 4 games is silly. Reeks of what I have taken to calling "Big Lead" journalism. Just throw whatever you can up to whore for page views and people think you're good at what you do. I'd expect nothing less from Weixlmann. Kid has hustle, not much else.

But if you're going to do it, you can't put a team who is, basically, a turnover and two shots from being 0-4, ahead of many teams. It's either what you see or what you think, not what you think you see.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I think updating your power rankings off 4 games is silly. Reeks of what I have taken to calling "Big Lead" journalism. Just throw whatever you can up to whore for page views and people think you're good at what you do. I'd expect nothing less from Weixlmann. Kid has hustle, not much else.
This. I'll give him credit for being persistent and giving effort.

:yesyesyes:

he's pretty biased too.
This too.

...but then we all are, it's just more funny when it's a guy presenting himself as a journalist.

Anyone drawing conclusions this early is setting themselves up for disappointment. So many teams are still putting things together.

At the end of the day, this is all about page views and hits. These big lead journalists all know that fans will eat this stuff up, even if it is completely arbitrary and means nothing more than any one of our own opinions, so I don't blame them for doing it at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts