Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok,i am taking this from shazha basically but I want to know what you guys think here.

Utah trades:
PG Carlos Arroyo
SF Andrei Kirilenko
C Greg Ostertag

Seattle Trades:
C Jerome James
SG Brent Barry
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Reggie Evans
1st Round Pick

I hear that Utah would rather start Raul Lopez and are favoring him over Arroyo now, so why not get rid of Arroyo and get a quality swing man who can shoot in barry (who can also play point at times).

Its like a 2 for one reason for utah, they get a solid 3 back, but also fill that backout blackhole that they have at the moment. A first rounder would also sweeten the deal for utah as Kirilenko is much superiour defensively.

Why does seattle do it?, well they get a good shotblocking center, who can actually play more than 20 minutes before fouling out. And they get that hustle SF that they really need in Kirilenko. Seattle have enough shooters, they can afford to give up lewis.

Makes sense to me, Barry is a sloan type of guy. And 60 mill for Rashard isnt a bad contract.

discuss. :gossip:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah,maybe taking evans out? i dont know,you tell me.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
horrible trade idea. completly alters the entire lineup, making it look more like the utah sonics and seattle jazz :\. the point of making trades is to fill that one void you have, whether it be needing a new point guard or a big man, this just doesn seem very plausable to me.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
I know the Jazz like Barry, can't see it happening though. They, as a franchise, are too high on AK to give him up, although Lewis is a great SF.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Sonics are playing great right now, and winning a lot of ball games. As of right now, they're the 8th seed in the West, 1.5 games ahead of Utah for the final playoff spot. They've won 8 of their last 10, and Ray Allen is back and playing well. Why would the Sonics make a trade like this that totally shakes up the team and messes up the chemistry that they have, and give up their first round pick while they're at it. Getting Arroyo and Kirilenko would be nice, but at the expense of Rashard Lewis, Brent Barry and a First Rounder? No. I definitely don't do this trade if I'm Seattle. As a matter of fact, I don't do it if I'm Utah either. Utah takes on a lot of salary, which they can afford to do, but why? Ostertag expires after this year, and they will have plenty of cap room this offseason unless they did this trade. In addition to this, they give up one of the most well-round players in the game, and a future star in Andrei Kirilenko, and a great looking Point Guard in Carlos Arroyo, for Rashard Lewis, and Brent Barry(an expiring contract, who would leave after this year, and he provides less cap room than Ostertag) and Seattle's first rounder which is probably gonna be in the high teens. Why do it? Neither team does this trade, terrible for both sides.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I'm not sure I'd like it as a Jazz fan, to tell you the truth. Kirilenko is unlike any other player in the NBA, maybe in the history of the NBA...he's a very unique talent...Lewis is a star, too....I guess it would depend on where the draft pick was...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tha supes</b>!
yeah,maybe taking evans out? i dont know,you tell me.
taking out evans would still make this a crappy trade i dont think utah wants to give up kirelinko this early

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if you guys aren't gonna give up AK for Lewis your not gonna give him up for anybody.

i actually just want to see arroyo in a sonic uniform. :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts