Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you think his pro prospects will be. Is he the next Charles Barkley or Tractor Trailor?

Is his strength enough to make up for his lack of height? The Power forward position is filled with alot of 6'10" to 7'0" guys. Even though he is listed at 6'9" on one site he is listed at 6'8" on another and even that may be generous.

I think he will be a solid professional and I do think his strength will make up for his lack of height. Elton Brand is not that tall either but he is an excellent PF in this league. Brand has long arms and it looks to me that May also has long arms. Since rebounding is alot about strength, positioning and desire I think May has all.

So what is the consensus?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I don't think he'll be a Barkley or Brand type, but definitely better than a Traylor. He seems to improve every year and would really like to see what he can do as a senior.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The key with May for me is his leadership abilities on the court. Without that in there, I would be predicting another Tractor Traylor, but Sean May is like a coach out on the floor at the PF position. A lot of PG's are trained all their careers for that job and they can't figure it out.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Those hands, jumpshooting ability, ability to put the ball on the floor, excellent strength and rebounding and overall awareness on the basketball court, makes him as close to a sure thing as can be to be a productive PF in the league. He can shoot from 15-18 feet, put the ball on the floor, shoot FT's well, excellent hands, knows how to outlet the ball, runs the floor excellently and is incredibly intelligent. If the main problem is that he's 6'8, I still take him over Diogu, Shelden Williams, Channing Frye, whoever. This guy is a beast.

Reactions: Debt Collector

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
He could be a Boozer type because he could be a great hustle player and he does have great hands.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
BigMac said:
May kicking butt right now. May has a better O than Michael Sweetney. May a damm good passer too.
I agree, he's more skilled than Sweetney is. Sweetney is a bull in a china shop, but May is truly a basketball player. His father schooled him well.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
HKF said:
I agree, he's more skilled than Sweetney is. Sweetney is a bull in a china shop, but May is truly a basketball player. His father schooled him well.
Who was his father?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Kunlun said:
Who was his father?
Former Indiana All-America and NBAer Scott May.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
It's too bad PF is the most stacked position in the NBA, May is great. Offensively he actually is more fluid than Brand, specifically dribbling and moves to the basket...WOW! If his D picks up he could be pretty good. He'll never be at Brand's level of D, but offensively he's the complete package. I said he was a late-lotto guy about a week ago, but now he might just move his way ahead of Aleksandrov, Taft, and some other high potential younger guys. He's like Zach Randolph without the attitude and issues...and his work ethic shows, having come in at almost 300 lbs, and now he's in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I don't think Sean May is declaring this year though. Didn't he say that he was staying for one more year a little while ago?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kunlun said:
I don't think Sean May is declaring this year though. Didn't he say that he was staying for one more year a little while ago?
He'd be an idiot not to declare at this point. He has a championship and his stock is soaring. He's gone.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I can't see him returning now. I don't know how his stock could be higher next year. Take the money and run, Sean.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I'm completely sold on May. He's looked like a man among boys, just scoring at will it seems. When you can take Shelden Williams to school, you've got talent. Great quickness and his set of post moves is a guarantee for at least modest success in the NBA. Fantastic hands and rebounding skills. Obviously, people will point to the height issues, but I don't think it will be a hindrance. May knows how to use his body better than a good portion of the players in the NBA. I just don't think there's any way he's a bust and I would take him in the top 10, no question.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
To be honest, he didn't once face a good Big Man in the Tournament, so I don't know why people are loving him based on his dominance of Jack Ingram, but yes he's a good player.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Nimreitz said:
To be honest, he didn't once face a good Big Man in the Tournament, so I don't know why people are loving him based on his dominance of Jack Ingram, but yes he's a good player.
He shut down Shelden Williams every time they played each other this year.....

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I think May ought to test the waters. What else can he accomplish at the college level? He's got his title, was clearly the best player at the NCAA level over the final month and a half of the season, and his game is very polished. Nowhere to go but down...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts