Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm glad we are developing Walter McCarty and Mike James for the future. This is one of the most botched rebuilding jobs in the history of preofessional sports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
But I'm glad we are developing Walter McCarty and Mike James for the future. This is one of the most botched rebuilding jobs in the history of preofessional sports.

this is the obie way... praise obie...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
SomethingZ gonna change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!
SomethingZ gonna change.
I wish I believed that. So even if Ainge trades McCarty, what's he going to get? It will be another stumblebum. And that bum will get minutes, not Hunter.

Same thing if he trades Mike James. Banks won't get the minutes, some veteran pg will.

You have to get worse-- much worse-- before you can get better. But out of pride, for marketing reasons or whatever, Ainge is unwilling to throw in the playoff towel. Maybe after attendace at the Fleet hits zero they'll wake up and realize that no one wants to pay money to watch his stumblebums play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!


I wish I believed that. So even if Ainge trades McCarty, what's he going to get? It will be another stumblebum. And that bum will get minutes, not Hunter.

Same thing if he trades Mike James. Banks won't get the minutes, some veteran pg will.

You have to get worse-- much worse-- before you can get better. But out of pride, for marketing reasons or whatever, Ainge is unwilling to throw in the playoff towel. Maybe after attendace at the Fleet hits zero they'll wake up and realize that no one wants to pay money to watch his stumblebums play.
Well, what we can hope is that if Ainge gets some veterans that they will be able to teach the youngsters in practice a thing or two. Banks only has James to learn from who has only been a second or third string PG until now. And of course, you can't learn much from McCarty except character. We can also hope Carroll gets replaced soon, so these crazy rotations disappear and playing time is allotted more intelligently. OB quit in part because of differences in opinion about playing time. McCarty is still getting 30+ minutes a game, and the rookies aren't getting developed, so obviously, it hasn't changed to Ainge's liking. Only a coaching change will fix that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
It looks pretty grim right now.. but anything can happen in teh east... as long as they make the playoffs trhey ocould go far... paul always plays well in the playoffs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
It looks pretty grim right now.. but anything can happen in teh east... as long as they make the playoffs trhey ocould go far... paul always plays well in the playoffs
The problem with Pierce in the playoffs is that he often gets hot at the end of games. Until then, Walker usually kept them afloat. There's no Walker now, so chances are, they'll dig themselves into too deep a hole for Pierce to get them out of. Plus, a lot of the reason Pierce did get hot was because Walker was there to get in his face and motivate him. Nobody on the team now would do that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
It looks pretty grim right now.. but anything can happen in teh east... as long as they make the playoffs trhey ocould go far... paul always plays well in the playoffs
The Celtics and Raptors are currently in the playoffs if it were to start today. But their both playing bad right now, while the Cavs and Heat are making a push for the playoffs. I think Paul Pierce and the Celtics will find a way to turn their fortunes around. It will end up as a 4 team race for the final two playoff spots.

1. Indiana
2. New Jersey
3. Detroit
4. Milwaukee
5. New Orleans
6. New York
7. ____________
8. ____________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!


Well, what we can hope is that if Ainge gets some veterans that they will be able to teach the youngsters in practice a thing or two. Banks only has James to learn from who has only been a second or third string PG until now.
I hope that Dana can help Banks with some stuff...hopefully Pierce too. I like Dana for some odd reason. ;)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top