Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Job by Yormark:

As far as filling the seats, Yormark says season ticket sales, not just deposits, for the 2005-06 season are "unprecedented."

"We are further ahead today than we've ever been in the history of the franchise as it relates to the commitment for the 05-06 season from our current season ticket base," Yormark said.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050330/SPORTS/503300490/1002

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
With Kidd, Vince, and RJ next season...this team can be going place. I guess it took a player like vince to finally start bringing people into the seats, which is nice to see.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
not to mention the possibility of adding a sar/stro to the team to fill the kmart void (yes i know there is a lot what kmart has that we cant fill,but i think you understand my pt)

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
He says there ahead as far as return committments, but does that mean they've sold more tickets than this year?

Or is it that the people who always renew just did it earlier this year because they got all 3 autographed jerseys for doing so?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

And Ratner knows it. I think this was his primary motivation as opposed to wining. But that's okay in this situation. The Carter trade addressed both of those needs.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
schub said:
He says there ahead as far as return committments, but does that mean they've sold more tickets than this year?

Or is it that the people who always renew just did it earlier this year because they got all 3 autographed jerseys for doing so?
Who Knows..But the fact that people are comitting early is a good sign reardless.

Im sure season ticket sales will be up overall this coming season.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Who Knows..But the fact that people are comitting early is a good sign reardless.

Good news, really.
I agree with Schub that season pass holders got them early because of the 3 signed jerseys.
Let's hope the trend continuous. Bringing in VC was really a good business decision.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Nets1524512 said:

Yeah, sales will defintely go up with the Carter acquisition and the recovery from the Kenyon fiasco last summer. I was just trying to figure out the meaning of the statement in the article.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I bet with Carter, luxury box pre-sales, and coperate sales are up.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
man, i really would love one day to get season tix. not to mention rj/vc/jk signed jerseys hanging in my room would rock!!! i gotta find some way to convince my dad to spend some cash bc i cant get season tix on my own. not to mention i probably wont be able to go to all the games next year either,but dam...i want those jerseys :) :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Good Job by Yormark:

As far as filling the seats, Yormark says season ticket sales, not just deposits, for the 2005-06 season are "unprecedented."

"We are further ahead today than we've ever been in the history of the franchise as it relates to the commitment for the 05-06 season from our current season ticket base," Yormark said.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050330/SPORTS/503300490/1002
Great to hear. Now SPEND THAT MONEY ON THE TEAM, BRUCE!!!!!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Petey said:
Shockingly, they are not that bad... I wonder how many people just signed up for the cheaper 1/2 seat deals and paid in full to get the Carter, Jefferson and Kidd jerseys.

440, their cheapest package... NOT bad for 3 signed Jerseys.

-Petey
That's actually an insanely good price. If a dealer came in and bought up like 50 ticket plans. He could sell all the jerseys online, and all the tickets and make a nice profit. Maybe I should do that... I've got all my money in the market and that thing is crashing like there is no tomorrow. It may be a good investment.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Also, why does it say a season ticket is 44 games. I thought each team played only 41 games at home -> 82 games total. Did they raise it to 88?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
Also, why does it say a season ticket is 44 games. I thought each team played only 41 games at home -> 82 games total. Did they raise it to 88?
I think preseason games at home.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts