Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gueye will not be a difference maker. he will be the cherry on top.... we are going to have the best 1-2 guard combo this league has seen in 15-20 years maybe more

I just hope Geno doesnt have a hard time in big games that pikiell did.

·
Examiner
744 Posts
We don’t have big man who scores in the paint, but other teams do. We need Gueye to contain them. He is definitely going to be a difference maker.

·
Examiner
744 Posts
Geno will have hard time in big games. Unavoidable. His in game coaching decisions do not instill confidence. But he has brought in some good pieces via transfer. There’s more to it than just coaching decisions in high pressure games. But hopefully the talents will translate to success like it did finally with Pikiell.

·
Examiner
744 Posts
We did and we can play small ball with 4 guards with Gueye as center. He is already an undersized center, which is the usual in our low major conference. Gueye is America East Defensive Player of Year. I think he is more than cherry on top. Important piece IMO. I really hope he stays.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
This thread should have been titled
Seawolves Basketball 2021-2022 (Return of the King)

·
Premium Member
33,655 Posts
Like a Phoenix, rising from Arizona!

·
Registered
243 Posts
If not for the politics we've seen in these league with past awards voting, I'd say Jenkins and Olaniyi are arguably the two leading candidates for POY and 1st Team All-AE locks.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If not for the politics we've seen in these league with past awards voting, I'd say Jenkins and Olaniyi are arguably the two leading candidates for POY and 1st Team All-AE locks.
Agreed and no argument about it. They are the two best guards in the league.

·
Premium Member
33,655 Posts
The returning POY might be the leading candidate for POY.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stony Brook will start policelli, olananyi, Jenkins, Roberts and Rodriguez.
This may be the best team in sbu history. They don’t have a guy like jameel(who does) or Brenton from a toughness perspective but there are a lot of points on that roster.

·
Examiner
744 Posts
GF is killing it in the transfer portal. Whether he can make it work/gel is TBD.. but I give him credit for pulling off this haul

·
Registered
786 Posts
The important thing will be to wait until about mid-January to start really evaluating how that’s going. Recall that Hartford didn’t look great right away after Ellison and Carter came in, but by the end of the season, they had made the championship game.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts