Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SEC Championship game on December 3 will determine the best team in the SEC and who will go to the Sugarbowl. It's a great matchup between the Louisiana State University Tigers and the University of Georgia Bulldogs. As far as I've been in college these two teams have been at the top of the SEC heap. I'm looking forward to this game very much and TheAtlien and I will be sure to have it out in this very thread as we have become friends and talk on AIM often.

Since 2000 the Bulldogs are 59-16 overall. Since 2000 the Tigers are 58-17 overall.

Let the discussion begin!

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
I want to say LSU wins but a part of me thinks UGA can pull it off though somehow.

UGA-17
LSU-14

I wish the ACC title game had something to it like this.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im just throwing this out there...

Because of a hurricane to Louisiana the Sugarbowl was moved to the Georgia Dome...

Is this a good sign for UGA? Or is it all the makings of a storybook season for LSU who defeats all odds and wins the SEC?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
Im just throwing this out there...

Because of a hurricane to Louisiana the Sugarbowl was moved to the Georgia Dome...

Is this a good sign for UGA? Or is it all the makings of a storybook season for LSU who defeats all odds and wins the SEC?
Don't they like give the schools a certain amount of tickets? I'm sure you guys you have quite a bit there but yeah it should look like a home game. I don't think it'll effect LSU. They've been through a lot.

I think it's a good story though if LSU can do it. Story book would be them going to the National Title game. I can't believe that one loss was to Tennessee or you guys would have a shot at passing Texas IMO.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joseph Addai has been getting limited carries in his last few games because of an ankle injury that he has apparently been nursing. I really hope he's at 100% for this game because we are going to need him. Justin Vincent hasn't been able to recapture 50% of his 2003 form, and Alley Broussard is out for the season...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like the two previous predictions because that's he margin of victory that I have picked for LSU. It could go either way. Both teams are very similar. I'd give LSU the edge on defense and UGA the edge on special teams. And the offense is probably a draw as both teams drop too many passes and haven't been consistent running the ball.

I think LSU should win if they get hot with the running game. UGA's had some injuries on the DL and at LB that have made it hard for us to stop good RB's since the UTK game. UGA's best chance will come if it gets some turnovers which is a good strength of the Dawgs defense.

I like defense. So that's basically why I'm going with them. But I also think that LSU is one of the few programs that can out-athlete UGA right now. Also, LSU is 4-0 in the GA Dome with 2 SEC titles.

I hope I'm wrong...........

LSU 17
UGA 14

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
UGA in a nail-biter. I think Miles will call a very tight game and try to pound the ball down UGA's throat. He'll let the Dawgs hand around till the end aand Shockley will make a key play or two to put Georgia over the top.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I hope both of them lose

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adarsh1 said:
I hope both of them lose
That would be a first. Im afraid your going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Just think how much this game would mean if the Tigers didn't slip up early in the season...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stevemc said:
Just think how much this game would mean if the Tigers didn't slip up early in the season...
Thanks Stevo! :greatjob:

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well 50 bucks just said I think LSU will win!

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

:buddies: <~~~ Me on December 3 when LSU wins!

·
Registered
10,839 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's finally here! Im so excited!

Geeeeeaaaaaauuuuux Tigers

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sone of three *****es...were stuck back in our own endzone!

What's up with these penalties...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Joseph Addai is killing us...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the way LSU is throwing the ball but problem is...UGA is throwing better...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LSU on the board with a 1yd run by JaMarcus Russell...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts