PF-Adrian Moss- 6'9 225lbs Fr Top 100 recruit
SF/SG-Christian Drejer 6'8 205lbs Fr Top 10 recruit
SF-Matt Walsh 6'5 185lbs Fr Top 50 recruit
SG-Rashid Al-Kaleem 6'3 180lbs Fr Top 100 recruit
PG-Anthony Roberson 6'1 175lbs Fr Top 15 recruit

Key losses
Udonis Haslem 16.0ppg 8.3rpg 56%FG 69%FT

Strengths
They return three seniors who all have a good amount of experience and are all pretty intelligent basketball players. Bonner is one of the smartest players in the country and its always nice to have to seniors and four year lettermen to start together in your backcourt. Its also nice to have a stud freshman point guard in Anthony Roberson coming off the bench. Having solid point guard play is one very important factor in having a successful basketball team and UF has more than just solid point guard play. Not many teams can match them at that position. Expect Florida to be once again a very tough defensive team. Expect them to pressure and force a ton of turnovers, yet still be disciplined in the halfcourt setting. Not many teams can match UF's athleticsm. Also expect improved perimeter shooting with the additions of Walsh, Roberson and Drejer who by the time the year is over, will be a household name and push White for a starting position, if he hasnt already beaten him out for it. And last but not least, UF will have a lot of depth and can go with a number of different lineups.

Weaknesses
First off, last season UF was not a good perimeter shooting team. They were inconsistent and even though they bring in some very good shooters and return some good ones, they still need to build consistency in that department. They also have to find some way to at least make up for what Haslem did on the inside. I think a combo of Lee, Boggan, Colas and Bonner will help make up for his scoring but not so much his toughness and rebounding on the interior.

Projections
As you can tell, my list of strengths is far more than my list of weaknesses. Its obvious that I like what this UF team has to offer. Most people are not expecting them to be a top 5 team after last season. They underachieved last year and lost their best player but I am convinced that the additions and the added experience of a year for Lee and White will push UF over the top and into the NC game. I think this is the best team in the Sec, the most talented, the most athletic team and the team with the best guard play. I am expecting big things from this team. Come on Billy ball, lets see it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i think that the lineup should be and will be:

PG- Brett Nelson
SG- James White
SF- Chrisjan Drejer
PF- David Lee
C- Matt Bonner

It basically comes down to who is better, Justin Hamilton or Chrisjan Drejer? I think everyone knows that its Drejer. Hamilton is a good player, but they promised Drejer a starting spot. The guys off the bench will be Anthony Roberson, Justin Hamilton, and Mario Boggan who will need to contribute sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We will see Iverson3..that could very well be the lineup but Donovan prefers playing Nelson off the ball because of his shooting ability. It doesnt just come down to who is better between Drejer or Hamilton, there are other factors and even if it did, you have no idea who is the better player, even though i am sure you've seen Drejer so many times.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i see ur point that Nelson has a good shooting touch so Billy D wants him off the ball, but Drejer has an even better shooting touch then Nelson!!! Every team wants is best players to start the game, and Drejer(a projected mid-first rounder), is no doubt a better player then Hamilton. Have i seen the guy play here? No i havent but then again nobody has seen Lebron James play a single game in college yet he is being hailed as the next MJ!!! Also since i brought up James, my opinion of him will be solidified on January 4th when he brings his St. Vincent team to Pauley Pavillion (UCLA's basketball arena) to face big bad Mater Dei HS. I am going to that game and i will get to see first hand how good Lebron James really is, also i get to meet up with old hommiez i played against Wesley Washington and DJ Strawberry from Mater Dei.(damn how did i get on this topic)?? lol well anyways i liked ur post ihatespn, but comon u gotta admit u know that Drejer is way better then Hamilton.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Florida will have plenty of lineups to work with. Nelson can slide over and Roberson can start at the point. Drejer can start and then have White be the sixth man. Even Boggan could see playing time from the opening tip against bigger and more physcial teams.

The depth and versatility are the biggest factors outside of the actual game skills. Donavan must be sleeping well right now.

ihatespn, you made a great point. Haselm was an absolute monster. His loss will be felt because I'm not sure if Bonner, Lee or Boggan have the big guy's tenacity. But they'll fare very well regardless.

Nice preview by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts