SG-Antonio Hudson 6'4 195lbs So
10.3ppg 3.3rpg 1.6agp 43%FG 66%FT 39%3pt
Grade Rating= B-
PG-Torris Bright 6'3 195lbs Sn
13.4ppg 3.8rpg 3.8apg 3.8tpg 43%FG 79%FT 39%3pt
Grade Rating= B-

Bench
PF-Brad Bridgewater 6'8 255lbs Sn 6.7ppg 3.9rpg 55%FG 48%FT
PF-Swanson Johnson 6'9 250lbs Jr Top 25 Juco in 2001(redshirted last year)
PF-Thomas Davis 6'8 220lbs Sn 4.1ppg 2.3rpg 55%FG 63%FT
PF-Tim Bush 6'5 240lbs Fr Top 200 recruit
SG-Courtney Trask 6'3 175lbs Jr Transfer from Memphis
PG-Charlie Thompson 6'1 185lbs Jr 1.6ppg 0.6rpg 1.2apg

Key losses
PF-Jermaine Williams 6'7 210lbs 6.3ppg 4.6rpg 50%FG 85%FT 27%3pt

Strengths
They have three players(Temple, Bright and Dupree) that are all seniors and started just about every year at Lsu. If there ever was a year for Lsu to surprise people, it is this year. They have a good amount of experience coming back in Temple, Bright and Dupree to work with. They finished the year last year with a plus 4 in rebounds against their opponent per game and that should be improved upon with the additions of Lloreda and Swanson Johnson. They also will be greatly improved on the interior with the addition of Jamie Lloreda who is going to surprise a ton of people this year. He was the Junior college national player of the year last year. He is a wide load inside, with good hands and is a very polished interior scorer. I think he could be one of the best low post scorers in the country next year. If anything he gives Lsu a body inside that knows how to put the ball in the bucket. This team also finished the year 3rd in points allowed per game last year in one of the best defensive confrences in the nation. They have a great athlete in Ronald Dupree who could be the best player in the country that you have never heard of, he almost jumped ship to the pro's this year. Both Temple and Hudson add athleticsm and perimeter shooting to the table.

Weaknesses
Torris Bright is a three year starter at Lsu and he has started every year at PG, so you would think that PG play would be a strength, however, he has yet to really grasp the concept. He just about turned the over 4 times per game last year and his assist to turnover ratio was not the best, nor was the teams as they averaged more turnovers per contest than assist. They dont really have a capable back up for him either. He's a good offensive player, he just needs to improve his ability of setting up the offense. Another concern might be who to bring in off the bench. They have a few capable players in Johnson, Davis and Trask but thats nothing great to bring off the bench. Other than that though, I am having a hard time finding a weakness of this team.

Projections
If Lloreda can be a consistent interior scorer and if Bright can learn to setup the offense and be a pass first guard, then I think Lsu has a chance to be a darkhourse team this year. They return four players that averaged double figures, three four year starters and the top Junior college player in the country. In case you havent noticed yet, Lsu has a lot of talent on this team. What are my predictions for them? Well they play in the Sec West..so they will be able to avoid UK, UF and Uga in the standings at least. This may come as a shock to some people but I think this is the 2nd best team in the West behind Alabama. I think they are the fifth best team in a very talented Sec and I think they can make a run for the sweet 16 but I have them losing out in the 2nd round of the Ncaa tourney.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think LSU can be a super surprise this year. Your predicition of a sweet 16 run is very warranted. Dupree is one of the most underrated players in the nation. Lloreda is a force. Temple is a great player. The backcourt is decent and experienced.

Barring any major injuries, this Tiger team could be as good as Swift's team. I like their chances. Maybe they'll be this year's MSU.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad we agree on Lsu..i am excited to get to see this team play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts