Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU DONT END A ALL STAR GAME IN A TIE, GARCIA AND PIDILLA ARE STARTERS THEY CAN GO ATLEAST 5 INNINGS... WHAT A CRAPPY DECISION BUD SELIG GO TO HELL

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Must you scream ? ;)

I know how you feel but I have no problem with the decision. It's an all-star game for crying out loud. I am just glad I got to watch an exciting game where players played with hustle and heart. They were really agressive. The only screw up was that they should have announced that game will be declared tie if no further score in the top of the 11th not middle of it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just turned on my TV, and it said
AL 7
NL 7
F/11

TIE??? WTF? Can someone please explain to me what happened in the game for Selig to call a Tie? I also heard there was no MVP, this truly sucks. **** baseball.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garcia and Padilla are making MILLIONS OF FREAKING DOLLARS.. if they cant pitch more than 2-3 innings they deserve to be CUT

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Well they used up all the pitchers and didn't wanna let the last pitchers left go no more than 2 inn. I am ok with that decision. I just hope next time they bring more pitchers and less position players if they can't expand the roster.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh well baseball doesnt care about the fans obviously, this is a forshadowing of the strike, you'll see if they dont care about finishing this game they wont care about finishing the rest of the season, F baseball...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
Garcia and Padilla are making MILLIONS OF FREAKING DOLLARS.. if they cant pitch more than 2-3 innings they deserve to be CUT
They owe their respective teams for those millions of dollars they make. Torre and Brenly wouldn't have pitched them even if they <u>wanted</u> to continue which they probably did. Beleive me I am mad that there was no result too but it was an unfortunate situation the managers were placed in.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I think this will teach them to use middle pitchers for more than an inning in future. If necessary bring in the left over pitchers for 1 out each at the end if necessary but DON'T RUN OUT OF PITCHERS ! I think that's a lesson to be learned here.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This is my solution to this problem

Let the middle pitchers go for at least 1 inn if not more than one. In the process save you 3 pitchers for 9th and bring them in for 1 out each if the game was to be ended in 9. Fair ? I just heard there were 4 pitchers that didn't even get 3 outs each. Kim only pitched for 0.1 inn. :rolleyes: Let them pitch even if they get in the jams. Nothing is riding on this game any way.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
DP, are you a baseball fan more than a basketball fan? It looks like you are more active in baseball.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: This is my solution to this problem

Originally posted by DP
Let the middle pitchers go for at least 1 inn if not more than one. In the process save you 3 pitchers for 9th and bring them in for 1 out each if the game was to be ended in 9. Fair ? I just heard there were 4 pitchers that didn't even get 3 outs each. Kim only pitched for 0.1 inn. :rolleyes: Let them pitch even if they get in the jams. Nothing is riding on this game any way.
I believe that's what happened in last year's All Star game in Seattle when Bobby Valentine was managing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is my solution: don't run out of pitchers! The managers job is to make sure they have enough people to finish the game. What would happen if this was a regular season game and they 'ran out of players'? They would keep on playing!!! It doesn't matter if these guys are all-stars, finish the [email protected]&king game. I hope Selig announces that he quits as commisioner. That would be the best thing for baseball right now. Selig is doing a horrible job and he knows it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
That is exactly what I am saying MLH. If I am a manager I am using my pitchers such that I have 3 fresh horses left for 9th inn. I then bring in 1 pitcher for each out that way all the pitchers get in the game, if it looks like the game is gonna be over in 9th. If it's tie situation then you got enough pitchers to go 6 more inn if necessary. Either that or expand the roster and get more pitchers in but only to have a couple as a reserve.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Re: This is my solution to this problem

Originally posted by DP
Barry Zito also only pitched 0.1 inn. And he got the only batter he faced out. It made me a little upset, since he's on my fantasy team.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I understand the result. But I'm still pissed as hell about it.

Do you all know how much the worst seats in the stadium cost for an All Star game? $145. For that, don't you think the fans deserve a frickin' final score? And an MVP? I mean, God, if you're charging that much, you finish the game. I don't care if the batboys had to pitch, because they clearly couldn't use the pitchers that were in any more than they did. But it's still horrible that they could charge that much, and not even have a final score.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by CoolHandLuke
Do you all know how much the worst seats in the stadium cost for an All Star game? $145.
For real ? Face value ? For upper deck seats ?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was listning to a sports talk radio show after the game to hear some of the fans thouhgts that were coming back from the park and all of them said they payed 600-800 $$$ to see the game, all were pissed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts