Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green was apparently going to sign either with Indiana or us. No contract details have been released as of yet, but I'm guessing they either gave him a little more money than the bi-annual, or maybe signed him to a three year deal instead of the two year we were probably looking at instead.

Jonny Flynn has met with the Bulls front office over the weekend. Wonder if he was the Green contingency plan?

Neither would be terribly exciting, but are cheap young talent should they develop.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Michael Redd is apparently deciding between Phoenix and us as well. Cheap Korver replacement with maybe some upside left? Really didn't have a chance to see him much after he came back to judge whether he can return to even a semblance of his old form. Low risk, small chance at high reward. Like these kind of moves much better than acquiring NBA journeymen.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Green was apparently going to sign either with Indiana or us. No contract details have been released as of yet, but I'm guessing they either gave him a little more money than the bi-annual, or maybe signed him to a three year deal instead of the two year we were probably looking at instead.

Jonny Flynn has met with the Bulls front office over the weekend. Wonder if he was the Green contingency plan?

Neither would be terribly exciting, but are cheap young talent should they develop.
Why would Indy have to offer more for him to pick them? They're clearly the better team for the time being.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
Bulls fans always post like Chicago is some sort of amazing city and free agent destination.

The past 10+ years of free agent history should shut you guys up on that, but sadly it does not.
As opposed to Indianapolis, FA paradise.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
I didn't say Chicago was THE FA place to be either. I just said it's better than Indy. Which is true.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I didn't say Chicago was THE FA place to be either. I just said it's better than Indy. Which is true.
Who's your big recent FA signing?

We have West. Many rumored free agents putting us on their list this off season, etc.

Your reasoning for Chicago is going to be what? "Our nightlife is better..."

Awesome.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
Who's your big recent FA signing?

We have West. Many rumored free agents putting us on their list this off season, etc.

Your reasoning for Chicago is going to be what? "Our nightlife is better..."

Awesome.
Carlos Boozer was bigger than David West. It's hard to sign FAs without cap room.

"Many rumored free agents putting us on their list this off season, etc." applies to just about everybody but the Charlottes of the world. Not that speculation matters when you don't sign them.

Have you been to Indianapolis? It's a nice little town, I suppose, if that's your type of thing.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
R-Star, you're out of your element here... Chicago is a world class city... Indianapolis is somewhere among of a pack of midwestern cities... it may not have led to great free agent coups (Ben Wallace was the biggest FA of his class, but I hated that signing), but Chicago as a city is the shit. The other teams in town do alright in the FA market, but the warm weather cities (and NYC and LA) do have an advantage.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Carlos Boozer was bigger than David West. It's hard to sign FAs without cap room.

"Many rumored free agents putting us on their list this off season, etc." applies to just about everybody but the Charlottes of the world. Not that speculation matters when you don't sign them.

Have you been to Indianapolis? It's a nice little town, I suppose, if that's your type of thing.
A nice little town, or a decaying shit hole with a "better night life"

Sounds simple to me.

And lets be real on Boozer. He took the most money and ran with it. Same situation for West, although West went out of his way to say he wanted to be there though.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
decaying shit hole? you're basically trolling at this point... and it seems clear you've never been there.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
R-Star, you're out of your element here... Chicago is a world class city... Indianapolis is somewhere among of a pack of midwestern cities... it may not have led to great free agent coups (Ben Wallace was the biggest FA of his class, but I hated that signing), but Chicago as a city is the shit. The other teams in town do alright in the FA market, but the warm weather cities (and NYC and LA) do have an advantage.
Chicago has not led in some big stream of free agents over the years like the fans allude to when talking about their city.

I've never been to Chicago, but have seen video. Doesn't say much on my end.

People call Vancouver a world class city, much more so on the "beautiful" end than Chicago on anyones list and if you actually go there its a sham and there's hobo's standing around everywhere and everything else is yuppie.

People like to talk up big cities like they're amazing. When you actually go there you end up scratching your head.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
Chicago has not led in some big stream of free agents over the years like the fans allude to when talking about their city.
I believe Hoodey could fill you in on our wonderful front office and why that's entirely their fault.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts