Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
JonBoy says take the 'Cats and the points. It's the lock of the day.

·
Piker
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Why is no one else in that picture excited?

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
JonBoy says thanks Bern for the home court tournament.

Was there a beauty pageant scheduled at the Ryan Center this evening? Paul? Well??
Biblical conference on Armageddon

Also, I have no idea why SLU is favored. Is somebody hurt?
Just be glad you're not playing VCU at their house. Pity the Cats with Pav in the stands.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Just be glad you're not playing VCU at their house. Pity the Cats with Pav in the stands.
SLU was 12th in RPI and ranked before the COVID pause, conference favorite... and only dropped to the bubble because of taking a month off. So after a month back on, Vegas is thinking they're back to where they were and facing a thin team they beat on longer rest before?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Biblical conference on Armageddon

On that note, I’m telling my story again.

What I would love to have seen is my mother still being alive and being the only fan allowed in our games at the Robins Center this season.

I still remember the CAA final at the brown spaceship against JMU.
She was sitting by the JMU pep band in the first half. When they returned for the 2nd half, they moved to the other side of the arena....because she was too loud...

·
Piker
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Piker
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is for Coach Schmidt.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
On that note, I’m telling my story again.

What I would love to have seen is my mother still being alive and being the only fan allowed in our games at the Robins Center this season.

I still remember the CAA final at the brown spaceship against JMU.
She was sitting by the JMU pep band in the first half. When they returned for the 2nd half, they moved to the other side of the arena....because she was too loud...
That's pretty epic

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
SLU was 12th in RPI and ranked before the COVID pause, conference favorite... and only dropped to the bubble because of taking a month off. So after a month back on, Vegas is thinking they're back to where they were and facing a thin team they beat on longer rest before?
You're probably right. But that was at the Chaifetz.
Tonight you'll be in the "neutral" site at Pav Pavilion.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
You're probably right. But that was at the Chaifetz.
Tonight you'll be in the "neutral" site at Pav Pavilion.
I think the main issue with Home Court Advantage really isn't "our rims" or "our lighting" in terms of player comfort, except in like extreme circumstances...

It's really the players legs. Air travel just takes a lot out of you, and then throw in the crowds for momentum (non-pandemic years), and officials who subconsciously call more fouls on road teams because human brains don't like making thousands of people scream at them, and it adds up to an advantage for home teams.

So I think all those things are even, and it comes down to "Bona plays 6 guys, and SLU plays more; and the physical nature of SLU means that Bona could be in foul trouble." Which is what happened last time. We had a guy DQ, another with 4, and it wasn't a tight game;

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.