Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the winner of this years Senior Class Award is Wayne Simion.
Taylor Coppenrath finished in second with 15% of the vote..

i was hoping that Taylor would win this award and i voted for him many times but a strong 2nd finish isn't bad.. here are the results..

press release link.. pdf format

Voting Results - Click to see page

Final Men's Results as of April 1, 2005
27% - Simien, Wayne (Kansas)
15% - Coppenrath, Taylor (Vermont)
10% - Lucas III, John (Oklahoma State)
10% - Graham, Joey (Oklahoma State)
10% - Thomas, Chris (Notre Dame)
10% - 9% - Ewing, Daniel (Duke)
6% - Roberts, Lawrence (Miss. State)
6% - Turiaf, Ronny (Gonzaga)
4% - Warrick, Hakim (Syracuse)
4% - Diener, Travis (Marquette)
another note about these awards, there is also an Extreme Fan Contest and the winner was a kid from Kansas.. but one of the 3 finalists was a UVM fan/student named Devin Quinlan. nice to see a UVM fan get recognized.

As for Taylor he is also as we know a finalist for the Wooden Award and that is presented on April 9th, just incase none of you knew.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bsktbllplayr25 said:
As for Taylor he is also as we know a finalist for the Wooden Award and that is presented on April 9th, just incase none of you knew.
I knew he had been nominated, but I didn't think he was a finalist (they had continually been mentioning the 4 who were finalists during the Final Four, and he wasn't mentioned). Great honor for him anyway, though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i actually don't know if he is one of the top 4 but last i knew of there was a list 10 or so finalists that he was on and those were the finalists.. maybe your talking about the same list.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The fan, Devin, is part of that group with the guy who wears the yellow brim hat ...that gives it a little bit more recognition, as they are in a lot of scenes in The Season. Good for him, he and his buds I would say are some of the best student fans at UVM.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was sure that someone on here would have known him or seen him around at games, thats pretty much the main reason i threw that in here.. thanks for adding to it, i didn't know anything about him. but i know the group your talking about.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
funny how he's from my hometown and i've never heard of him...How many people are from Plainfield VT?

Those guys are great fans though, always positive and support every team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts