Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINK

Serbia-Montenegro's army says it has filed charges against former NBA star Vlade Divac for evading the military draft.

Divac, 37, was obliged by the law to join the compulsory six-month military service by the age of 35, the state prosecutors' office said Wednesday.

It asked Serbia-Montenegro's foreign ministry "to determine Divac's citizenship and his home address" to be able to carry out the legal proceedings and hand him the draft notice.

Divac, who lives in Los Angeles, could face a one-year prison sentence in his native country if he does not join the army soon, legal experts said.

Divac ended his 16-year NBA playing career last month, taking a job with the Los Angeles Lakers as a liaison and scout in Europe.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Re: Serbs seek Vlade Divac over draft.

thats ridiculous..why doesnt he just become an american citizen

·
Registered
557 Posts
OT:Vlade Divac in JAIL?!?

Serbian army files charges against retired Vlade Divac for evading mandatory 6-month military service in his home contry.The sentence may be one or two years in prison.(if he doesn't join soon)

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Re: OT:Vlade Divac in JAIL?!?

merged; please look for the same subject before you post and that applies to all

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Re: OT:Vlade Divac in JAIL?!?

I can't seem him spending a year in jail, but I also don't see him joining the military so it will be interesting to see what happens.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Draft flopper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts