Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've heard in the Journal Sentinel now over the past week or so that Devin Harris will turn pro after his junior year. madtownguy and Mavs Dude, and all big 10 fans, what's yer take on Devin turning pro? I really don't think he'll turn pro but I'm starting to get a little worried. He's good friends with Alando and Scharif, he's really only a mid to late first round pick in the draft, they have a great chance at winning the championship next year, and I think he's really not consistent, 5 points against Michigan? 4-16 against Northwestern? The NBA is loaded with guards and if he decides to go sit on the bench and collect a mill. for the first few years in the NBA, than why not just play yer senior year in college?

However, if Devin wants money, I guess there's nothing stopping him.

He better not ****ing go pro.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think Devin would be out of his mind to go pro after this year. He has put up decent numbers against mediocre Big Ten competition, and things will not come so easily in the NBA. He had 29+ point games against teams like Ohio State and Minnesota. He has struggled at times, and it seems to me that another year here would do him a world of good. Plus, only being a junior, and not really even one of the top ones by some scouts accounts, he may not go until late first round, and if it's money he's concerned about, we're talking about millions more if he stays another year, improves his game even more, and leads the Badgers to a fourth consecutive BT championship (we hope anyway). Plus consider: next season, our lineup is going to be by far the best this school has ever seen, and will be the best in the BT. With Tucker back, and the addition of players like Butch, Chambliss, and Stiemsma (sp?) the Badgers will probably run away with the BT title and have a serious shot to make a run deep into the tourney. Plus, this city kicks a**, why would anyone want to leave? I'm not even graduating after four years myself.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I agree with both of you I doubt that he will go out because there are a lot of good guards that are coming out this year. Also this team should really dominate the Big Ten next year. So hopefully he will do what is best and stay at Wisconsin for his senior year.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I think Devin Harris is going to make a heck of an NBA player. Derek Harper anybody? If he can get a first-round guarantee, he ought to come out. I hope for Wisconsin and the Big Ten's sake that it doesn't come to that. The Badgers have a chance to be scary good next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts