Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seton Hall beats Manhattan 66-52

Hall led 14 to 18 so far most of second half. About 8 min to go. Not a good sign if you are a jasper fan, Manhattan fans that insisted that Manhattan’s backcourt was a good as Seton Hall’s couldn’t have been more wrong. I thought Seton Hall would win this game, but not this easy. Jaspers got next to nothing offensively from their backcourt. Seton Hall’s superior size really bothered the Jaspers, The Hall shut down the smaller Jasper big men Anderson ( CJA really had to work for his points he took 20 shots ) and Dubois. Manhattan’s free throw shooting was atrocious jaspers shot 27% for the game

Only hope if you are a jasper fan is that Seton Hall is better than preseason pundits have predicted

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh man I hope they are. MC was terrible offensively. Bad passes, turnovers, missed threes and foul shots and lack of movement killed us offensively. I think that us Jasper fans (myself included) definately did not think that our poop stank, but it does. Hopefully we can grow from this atrocious showing. Looks like Gonzo isn't going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn’t get too down, its very early in the season and its only one game, it’s never easy to win on the road against a big east team. Personally I think Hall is going to be better than most think. The Jaspers are making a late run to make it respectable, the Hall by 10 with 3:26 min to go

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I agree - Seton Hall has improved this year. Its a good win for them and Louie. Hopefully they can continue to play well and improve. I wish them luck and hope they can get a few upsets this year.

Manhattan looks like they just shot poorly. Its tough to play on the road in a National Tournament against a Big East team for your first game. Its only going to help them down the road. A good learning experience for them.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Agree, based on this, we don't know whether Seton Hall is going to be better than expected, or Manhattan is going to be worse. Time will tell.

As an aside, the pressure on Gonzo is growing. Remember, he has yet prove that he can win without Flores, much in the same way that Ruland has yet to prove that he can win without Kirksay.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
hopefully it's just early season junk and Mannahatten get's this out of the system.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Guy.

How "Good" did you expect Manhattan to be? In a very bad MAAC conference, they'll do well, but the conference as a whole stinks. and will have, I predict, the worst non-conference record ever. The MAACs non conference record will look like the NECs --

Anyway, 2 of Manhattan's 3 guards are not a threat to score. and Xavier, who can score, is one dimensional. Without scoring guards, the Japsers are very limited. Manhattan can use the pressure defense and hectic style to wear down most MAAC teams, but that's about it.

I see another .500 season (overall) for Manhattan.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
I said before the season that I expected both Iona and Manhattan to win around 17 or 18 games. I will stand by that comment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts