·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outlaw
Miles
Kryhapa
Monya

Who is the Small Forward of the future? My vote goes for Outlaw.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
For next season, I'd say

SG: Outlaw, Frahm
SF: Miles, Khryapa

as for Monya, I can't say since we havent seen him yet.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Depends on what oyu mean for "future".

Of all of them - I'd pick Outlaw. He's got the athletic ability of Miles X 2, but wants it more. He wants to learn and has a good attitude about it.

Play.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Playmaker0017 said:
Depends on what oyu mean for "future".

Of all of them - I'd pick Outlaw. He's got the athletic ability of Miles X 2, but wants it more. He wants to learn and has a good attitude about it.

Play.
Agreed. Miles has more talent in his thumbnail, but doesnt' care to be great. For a no talent aggravated athlete like me, there is nothing more disgusting than a player not using his god given ability.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
In terms of who'd I'd be most willing to give up, here's my order:

Miles
Patterson
Khryapa
Outlaw

Monya is still yet to be decided.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think it's still too early to know. But I'm liking Outlaw's athleticism, shooting, and attitude right now. If Outlaw can improve his ball handling and be a little more assertive offensively, I think he'll be on his way.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
So know we all hate Miles? I'm wondering how long it'll be till you all hate Bassy and Outlaw.
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

I know we have all been enamoured with Outlaw's play as of late, but sooner or later this "TO love affair" will die down a bit. Trust me, I hope it doesn't, but I know most of us have been in awe of Darius when his game is on too - lets not forget how productive DMiles can be when he is a starter.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
miles great one game gone the next 3 makes bonehead rookie type mistakes and seems lazy on the court not giving that little bit more to get a rebound. He can be a show stopper but his head isnt in the game most of the time, way too many Offensive fouls team read the book on miles and how to flop to get the charge. Last and over the off season I bought the hype over miles but uummmm that has faded, i thought the signing was a good one at the time but i starting to think all 3 signings stink: zbo, miles and theo. :(

my trade list:

1. miles <===== might get the most for him
2. rubin
I would keep Outlaw and Viktor

wow what about woods lol man he went to cleaning up his act to faded totally away

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
So know we all hate Miles? I'm wondering how long it'll be till you all hate Bassy and Outlaw.
I didn't think anyone espoused any opinions of hate in this thread.

I've never really liked Miles that much. Over the past couple nights we've really missed him. He is more intelligent on the court compared to Outlaw.

The question though was: Who would you want to keep as your future SF?

To answer you had to take into consideration potential, attitude, work ethic, current ability, baskeetball IQ, etc.

I would take Outlaw because he's got more potential as Miles, athletically. He's alreadya better shooter, albeit he still get nervous and you can see it in his delivery. He's got a much better attitude.

Play,

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
furball said:
Outlaw
Miles
Kryhapa
Monya

Who is the Small Forward of the future? My vote goes for Outlaw.
TO has done a great job at grabbing our attention in these last few games. It will be interesting to see if this in any way motivates D Miles.

At this point - like many of the other posts - Outlaw has displayed the full character I like to root for - Hard work, Athleticism, Skill, and Attitude. He is matched in athleticism by Miles - but the other characteristics he goes unmatched by him (IMHO).

Telfair at Point
Outlaw at SF

Please write it in stone!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Before I can make a decision I need to see Outlaw and Miles play together more.

I think that in this "game" they are playing now that both would feed off each other.

Miles at the 3 and Travis at the 2.
Wow what an athletic duo!!!
And defensive ability!!! Wow!

That is of course Miles plays with his heart.

gatorpops

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tlong said:
I don't like any of our small forwards very much. A shooter is needed at this position and we don't have one.

cept that travis is actually a good shooter, and so is viktor.

But I forgot, you knew Michael Jordan was going to be as good as he was.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Hap said:
cept that travis is actually a good shooter, and so is viktor.

But I forgot, you knew Michael Jordan was going to be as good as he was.

Travis shoots 45% from the field which is decent, but Khryapa is shooting 30% which is horrible. What is this word "cept" that you use anyway? And yes, I knew MJ would be as good as he turned out to be.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1. The most consitant SF this year has been Ruben Patterson
2. The player that has shown the most growth is Travis Outlaw
3. D Miles is a player with very good skills, but doesn't bring it every night
4. Victor seems to play with heart and hustle

I think three SF is good for depth and all of these players can play multiple positions. In two years, I think outlaw will be a solid contributer at least, Patterson contract will be up, and Victor will be that much better. Miles can really help an NBA team, I just don't know if the Blazers are the best fit.

Go Blazers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts