Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Measured out at 6'1" in shoes, 6'3.25" wingspan, with a 37.5 inch vertical. Played big for the team that won the championship, was their do it all PG. Rebounded at a high level, passed well, and was the primary scoring option.

Draft Express has him going 28th to the Clippers.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Shabazz-Napier-10083/

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am honestly very surprised to see Shabazz being projected 24th to the Hornets, it seems like his value should be higher. I would not be surprised at all to see him be a top 20 pick.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
The man right here. If he gets with a playoff team he's going to be a real piece for them

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I am honestly very surprised to see Shabazz being projected 24th to the Hornets, it seems like his value should be higher. I would not be surprised at all to see him be a top 20 pick.
I think it's just that there's at least 4 point guards slated to go ahead of him in Exum, Smart, Payton, and Ennis. In a league where the point guard position is as healthy as it's ever been it's tough to find 5 teams in the top twenty that want to use a high pick at the position. I think he's going to be a very good pickup for a team somewhere in the late first round though, and should be ready to contribute off the bench right away. I'd be interested to see what Charlotte looks like next year if they went Stauskas and Napier in the draft and threw a bunch of money at Deng in free agency.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the same time, three of those guys you named are lottery guys. I'm not saying I can't believe he's not viewed as a lottery pick, I can...it's a deep draft and you are definitely right about the talent at the position. That being said, wouldn't he be a big upgrade for say...the Chicago Bulls? They pick 16 and 19, and I would think Napier's skillset would be more appealing to them than Ennis. If the Raptors are letting Lowry go, Napier would seem to be a good replacement at 20.

Even a little past 20, imagine Napier getting all of the Derek Fisher minutes in OKC. That's a huge upgrade, and the Grizzlies at 21 could really use his scoring.

I think I would enjoy watching him slip all the way to Miami though.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
At the same time, three of those guys you named are lottery guys. I'm not saying I can't believe he's not viewed as a lottery pick, I can...it's a deep draft and you are definitely right about the talent at the position. That being said, wouldn't he be a big upgrade for say...the Chicago Bulls? They pick 16 and 19, and I would think Napier's skillset would be more appealing to them than Ennis. If the Raptors are letting Lowry go, Napier would seem to be a good replacement at 20.

Even a little past 20, imagine Napier getting all of the Derek Fisher minutes in OKC. That's a huge upgrade, and the Grizzlies at 21 could really use his scoring.

I think I would enjoy watching him slip all the way to Miami though.
Personally, I'd like to see the Hornets use Gary Neal to trade up from 24 to 20 with the Raptors (with Toronto getting the 24th pick, obviously) to reunite Kemba and Shabazz while giving themselves four years of low-cost backup point guard play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts