Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two guys, from what I've heard, are both probably coming to Louisville. I know that Alleyne visited the 'Ville earlier, and it went great. Rumor has been that he verballed. Lang, I've heard Louisville mentioned with a ton lately, and I hear we're in the lead. So, Justin, or Chris, or anybody else that's seen either of them... can you tell me anything about their games? I haven't seen either, except like a five-minute highlight video of Alleyne. Just want to get an idea of what to expect from them if they come to Louisville. Also, which do you see developing into the better player?

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Both have Louisville on their short list but I think it's wishful thinking to expect them to play together. Both are centers and I can't really imagine them playing together. Alleyne likely would take a back seat to the more developed Lang and top 50 big men, usually don't like to sit.

Both are great prospects though and I would be equally excited about landing either one of them. Lang is obviously the more ready of the two espically physically. Although, he needs to improve his conditioning he has great agility and can get off the ground. Their NBA talk but I really don't see him as a first round prospect right now (of course with improvement he could be) and their are concerns about his grades. A lot of people think he will go to the NBA if he doesn't make the grades, which isn't good. I've also heard Alabama was pretty high for him. I followed him shortly this summer but as UNC tends to back off recruits, so do I. But he very well could be the best real big man heading to college in 2003, with Perkins and Butler looking to the NBA and Brian Butch being pretty raw.

I followed Alleyne closely during his sophomore and junior year and I really hoped he would have became a Heel. Of course, with the Neil Fingleton fiasco, he was written off, since he is a huge project. I really like him though. Chances are he will be a 3 or a 4 year player and if he isn't, that is probably a good thing, since he has developed very quickly. He is extremely raw but he can block shots and run the court. With the lack of decent big men in college, he should be a factor from day one but I wouldn't expect All-American play immediately. If he continues to improve and gains some muscle he will be in the NBA one day.

·
Registered
791 Posts
On Alleyne: http://basketballboards.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3814

And on Lang: I haven't watched him enough to really guage how well he is and how well he can become. But according to guys like Rob Harrington of Prep Stars and Michael Kruse of Basketball America, he is definately a force inside and surprisingly he can run the floor pretty well.

I know Louisville is right there with Lang but don't rule out Alabama. They are still very much in the mix as well. Personally I'd like to see him go to Louisville because of Pitino and his staff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts