Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think shammond williams will be the next brake out star he is amazing but he has been stuck behind payton has neone ever seen him shoot he shoots like .900 when noone is on him ( i geuss thats wut pros do ) but still he shoots that well from half court too iv seen him at unc b-ball camp he is finally going to get to start it is his turn to be a break out star:)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Shammond Williams...

I can see him having a better year than what he has had in the past. He will be an averaged PG at best. He is a good shooter but there aren't enough shots to go around in Boston.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Please!

Fellas! If Shammond Williams DOES start at PG for Boston (SOMEBODY has to!), he will be THE WORST starting PG in the NBA! Name a worse starting PG! You can't!

He certainly won't be a star. I'm under the impression that Boston is trying to deal him--AS FILLER--with Tony Delk for Antonio Daniels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Please!

Originally posted by <b>robyg1974</b>!
Fellas! If Shammond Williams DOES start at PG for Boston (SOMEBODY has to!), he will be THE WORST starting PG in the NBA! Name a worse starting PG! You can't!
Eric Snow

Shammond will brake out with the chance to start, pure shooter and knows how to get players the ball in scoring position.

I could see alot of ignorant people who probably have never seen him play say he will be the worst pg in the nba next season,,,,,

but then again why should he be given the chance,,, Shammond Williams will be the worst pg in the nba next season.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I actually like Williams... he has a nice 3 pt shot and he can pass... thats all he needs to do especially if he has pierce and walker

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Dude!

Originally posted by <b>raptors32</b>!
Eric Snow
Shammond Williams is better than Eric Snow? See below for a statistical comparison...

Shammond will brake out with the chance to start, pure shooter and knows how to get players the ball in scoring position.

I could see alot of ignorant people who probably have never seen him play say he will be the worst pg in the nba next season,,,,,

but then again why should he be given the chance,,, Shammond Williams will be the worst pg in the nba next season.

Shammond Williams' 2001-02 statistics:

50 games played
12.1 minutes/game
42.0 FG%
0.6 threes/game (very impressive for 12.1 minutes/game, no doubt)
37.3 3Pt% (not bad)
4.4 points/game (not bad for 12.1 minutes/game, either)
1.7 assists/game
0.7 turnovers/game (a pretty mediocre assist-to-turnover ratio)
1.3 rebounds/game
0.42 steals/game (not bad for 12.1 minutes/game, either!)

Shammond Williams' 2000-01 statistics (also with Seattle):

69 games played
17.9 minutes/game (why did he average fewer minutes in 2001-02?)
43.8 FG%
0.9 threes/game (great for 17.9 minutes/game)
45.9 3Pt% (excellent)
6.8 points/game
2.8 assists/game
1.2 turnovers/game (again, that's a pretty mediocre assist-to-turnover ratio)
1.9 rebounds/game
0.4 steals/game

SO! He's not TERRIBLE, I guess--but I STILL think he'll be the WORST starting PG in the league. IF he starts for Boston (it remains to be seen who starts at PG for Boston). Who's worse? Here are some candidates: Gilbert Arenas, Dan Dickau, Mark Jackson, Rod Strickland, Charlie Ward, Chris Whitney. And, I guess... ERIC SNOW, who isn't as good as I thought he was...

Eric Snow's 2001-02 statistics:

61 games played (61 starts)
36.5 minutes/game
44.2 FG%
11.1 3Pt% (godawful, obviously)
12.1 points/game
6.6 assists/game
2.3 turnovers/game (a better assist-to-turnover ratio than Williams)
3.5 rebounds/game (about the same per minute as Williams)
1.56 steals/game (better per minute than Williams)

SO! The difference between Snow and Williams isn't quite as great as I THOUGHT it was. Williams is a significantly better perimeter shooter than Snow--he is SUCH a better shooter than Snow that it MIGHT even give him an edge over Snow! I STILL think that starting for a team that nearly made the NBA Finals last season is obviously a higher pressure situation than backing up Gary Payton in Seattle, so WE'LL SEE if he "brakes out." YOU'RE RIGHT, he COULD have a surprisingly good year--but it's hardly a sure thing!

I was under the impression that Eric Snow's stats were better than that--so I'll give you yr props, you're right, he's pretty mediocre--THAT'S why Philly was shopping Snow (prior to the Speedy Claxton trade)!

·
Registered
932 Posts
What stats mean nothing, Williams sat on the bench for years up in seattle never able to fully showcase his talent. As a big UNC fan I hope that williams gets a chance in boston, though it will probably be delk.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
S.Williams was susposed to break out 2 years ago but he never did i dont think he will break out for another 2-3 years when he is like 29

·
Registered
924 Posts
Projected Stats...

Shammond Williams:
34mpg
12.3ppg
3.6rpg
4.8apg
1.17spg

·
Registered
924 Posts
Why??? Tony Delk is more of a SG. That's 14 extra minutes at the PG spot and 8 extra minutes left from Paul Pierce. That's 22mpg for Delk, that's more than enough for a bench player.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tony Delk has a deadly shot, and can catch fire easily. Remember when he was in phx. he scored 51 points off the bench. If Delk were a PG he'd have to give up the ball more.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IMX</b>!
Why??? Tony Delk is more of a SG. That's 14 extra minutes at the PG spot and 8 extra minutes left from Paul Pierce. That's 22mpg for Delk, that's more than enough for a bench player.
Uhhh, Tony Delk played PG last season. He will not sit behind Williams. They need a veteran at that spot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shammond WIlliams sucks. Tony Delk sucks. No matter which of the 2 start Boston's gonna have one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA. Boston made some horrible moves this offseason and since they're well on their way to losing RTodney Rogers I dont expect Boston to make the playoffs next year, and i believe Atlanta will take thier place.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CHICK HEARN</b>!
Shammond WIlliams sucks. Tony Delk sucks. No matter which of the 2 start Boston's gonna have one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA. Boston made some horrible moves this offseason and since they're well on their way to losing RTodney Rogers I dont expect Boston to make the playoffs next year, and i believe Atlanta will take thier place.
I know that everybody else in here is going to jump on yr case for saying that Boston won't make the playoffs, but I got yr back. I think they'll make it as the #7 or #8 seed--but they ABSOLUTELY got a LOT worse this offseason. And you're right, whoever starts at the point between those two--Shammond Williams or Tony Delk--you're looking at the WORST starting point guard in the LEAGUE next year!

Atlanta won't make the playoffs, though. Theo Ratliff can't stay healthy. If he could, maybe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts