Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The entire premise of this is based on me using the RealGM lottery simulator, which had Portland picking first, us second, and Golden State third, and my subsequent assumption that Portland then selects Tyrus Thomas as the first pick. It's nigh on impossible to know what to say until we get a definite draft order, which will be a while, so for now I'll assume this.

As you may have seen, I fired out a few ideas below. I've since had a few more, and am now trying to assemble a set plan with a definite final outcome. Here's what I got:

First off...

1) Bye Pike, Songaila, Luuuuuuuuuuke, Olly H, Eddie B, Mally A, Randy L and the Parge

Basically, get rid of every free agent. And here's why.

Pike has had a salad fork sticking out of him for about three months now. His game has slipped to the point that he can't get more than about 4 minutes a month, and when someone plays four minutes a month it's hard for them to come in and instantly be bringing the flames with their jumpshot. Pike is no exception, regardless of how good a shooter he is. We only have him for one role, and he can't do it. So it's good bye for now, and thanks for trying.

Every team needs a third point guard who can come in, score a lot, and then leave. Atlanta does it with Anthony Grundy, Phoenix does it with Eddie House, Milwaukee does it with Charlie Bell, Detroit does it with Tony Delk......it's just an important role on this team. We've got Jannero for this. Unfortunately, he's just not good enough at it. Always a fringe NBA talent, he just hasn't improved enough to warrant sticking around. He's gotten more consistent minutes this season, yet has done even less with them than when he had irregular minutes. And it's not that he's being misused - he just can't do certain things. Although it was nice to see him harass the crap of Iverson this past week, he didn't do it with any real success, which is a good way to describe pretty much everything he does. So see ya, and thanks for that brilliant memory of the Milwaukee game back in 2003. :banana:

Othella just ain't worth that money, and isn't reliable enough any more in his depth role on the bench. The advantage to keeping him would be the veteran presence, which is something that'll be something of a weakness with my plan further down. But there aren't enough redeemable qualities to his game right now. If the jumpers on, he can help. If not, he can't. Not worth keeping big men like that.

For that same reason, I'm willing to say bye to Darius. He's all about the jumpshot. He can't back down, doesn't board that well, and doesn't change anything on defense. If you give it to him in position he can score. But that and the jumpshot is all he has. He's a useful player who's always a definite pick and roll/pick and pop option with his shot and passing skills, but we have way more pressing needs to this. So if he opts out, I suggest we extend him a qualifying offer, but don't match anything of any significance. If he doesn't opt out and doesn't get a big offer, then by all means keep him, as he's an asset, but I'd be ready to explore a trade.

Malik's just very, very replacable. He's done us well of late, but he also sucked *** for three months, and isn't very skilled. He, like the two before him, shoots a bit and not much else. If Paxson knew the Curry trade was going to go down, we would not have seen Malik. That I am sure of. Since it did, we were left with three compliment front court players, complimenting no one. And that was the problem with out front court this year. That and it's bad defense.

I like Basden. He's a prospect. If this were Major League Baseball, I'd outright him to our triple A affiliate but give him about 70 at bats towards the end of the season. However, that's not an option, so I think we have to call it quits here. As evidenced tonight, Basden has a role, and it's a useful one. But there's so much that he can't do compared to what he can. On the plus side, he does things that few veterans do. He scraps, never abandons anything, gets his hands on passes and loose balls, and generally gives a monkeys arse. But there's just very little offense there. Sometimes he can hit open jumpshots, but if you contest them he hasn't a chance. He can't shoot off the dribble, he hasn't the handles or the speed to be a slasher, and there's no post up offense there. Realistically, he could stick if he keeps doing what he does whilst also becoming a very good set shooter. But that's a big ask. He'll get a summer league run and maybe training camp to see what he's added. He needs to work hard to make it. I don't think he will, and we definitely should not go accounting for it.

We have no use for Randy.

Luke's just rubbish.

2) Extend Kirk

Doing some number crunching, I decided a reasonable figure would be 5 years and 35 million, which is a bit less than players like Butler, Prince and Dunleavy got last year, but then again he's a guard so that's to be expected. That equates to annual figures of

$5,785,124
$6,392,562
$7,000,000
$7,607,438
$8,214,876

It may take a couple more million to get it done. In which case, so be it. I don't want to be paying Kirk more than 9 million in 2011, though.

c) Take out Ben and Luol's 2008 options

No brainer, but just thought I'd mention it.

After all that, we have 7 players. Kirk, Du, Luol, Nocioni, Chandler, Sweetney and Gordon. The core plus Mike, basically. Those seven combined come to $27.3 million this season.

From there, I suggest this:

d) Sign Drewseph Gooden

I reckon 5 years and $37.7 million gets that done, giving him a salary of:

$6,500,000
$7,020,000
$7,540,000
$8,060,000
$8,580,000

Gooden's not exactly the accomplished go-to scoring option that would be nice, but he's not bad at it. He won't back you down, but he can face up, take slower big men off the dribble to the hole, finish, and hit jumpshots. He's like Songaila, only better, and with one key facet Darius doesn't have - Drew's a very good rebounder. He's also improved as a defensive player, and is a pretty good starting power forward. He is, at the very least, an instant massive upgrade there. And he reminds me of Fizer so he's always welcome.

If we add to add a bit to that price, so be it. Not too much, though.

e) I've decided I want in on that Duhon for Childress deal

:D

Good things about this deal:

a) It works straight up
b) Unlike most of my trade proposals, the other team might actually do it, assuming they've scouted Duhon well and not just looked at numbers
c) Childress improves our overall hair PER rating tenfold
d) We get our big two, and an option as a third small forward that doesn't involve freakin' three guard sets (I'm through with those. They don't work)
e) We get a decent defensive player, with efficient, attacking, slashing offensive abilities, rather than a shooter who's not alway son (the makeup of our team right now. Kirk's shot ain't too consistent, Du's definitely aint, Nocioni isn't, Deng's range is limited, and Pike is crap.)

Atlanta fans would probably say no to this, as people love to look at Duhon's stats. But, as we know, he's a quality guard. And Atlanta positively bleeds for a point guard like him. Ivey can't handle or create, neither can Stoudamire, and Lue is not that good. Joe Johnson has to do so much of the ballhandling and bringing the ball up, and that's why he's pissing turnovers. It's a weakness. Duhon alleviates a big head ache for them, and as we know, is not a bad offensive player. Not any more.

And besides, it ain't about what they want, it's about what Billy Knight sees. This man once traded for Brevin Knight to back up Jason Williams. I'm sure he can see the sense behind this.

f) Michael Sweetney, Knicks 2007 second and some cash to Portland for Steve Blake and Brian Skinner

I also happen to feel Portland says no to this. They do, after all, give up the best player in the deal, and a second useful one that they just traded for. However, Portland has gotten themselves a whole load of building to do. And, in doing so, they cannot be picky. Steve Blake is a bit of excess for them right now, with the uber-prospect Telfair at point guard and the pretty impressive Jarrett Jack behind him. Due in part to both their point guard depth and shooting guard hole, Jack has played a lot of two guard this year, but this cannot really continue. He's not as good at it as he is at point guard. The Blazers, to mr, HAVE to shift Miles and Randolph, both of whom consist of everything that is wrong with the franchise right now (and you can thank John Nash for tying them in to huge deals :clap: ). That's not something we should help them with. As a result of those two's and Ratliff's huge deal, Portland is way over the cap threshold and not far short of the tax threshold for the honour of being one of the league's worst teams, which isn't a pleasant situation to be in. If they re-sign Przybilla for the mid level, they're now over tax level for next year, yet in no way improved as a team, and still with big holes. They're also a team that's pissing money, and despite Allen's claims to the contrary after the Patterson/Monia for Skinner/Lenard trade when he said it wasn't made to save money, they sure as hell could do with some help in that department.

Enter us. Blake makes a great mini-Duhon, a quality back up who could get spot starts, who has a decent outside shot, but whom looks to pass first. Skinner is overpaid (he is to pick up about $11.5 million combined for the next two seasons, which is a lot - HOWEVER, the final season is a team option), but he is a decent defensive big. He's not athletic, and he hands worse than Tyson's (if that's possible), but he's hard, will block shots and get some boards. For a 4th or 5th big, he's pretty good. We can take that cap hit, give them a prospect in Sweetney who's both quite good and who also fills a need (there's little to no inside scoring on their roster, as Randolph has slowly gone from the low post, to the high post, to the perimeter), and whom at least puts forth effort on the O glass every night (I'm looking at you again here Zach). They get a look at a decent youngster, the ability to keep Przybilla and still be able to spend the mid level and improve their team, relieve a log jam, get enough money to pay Sweetney's whole salary, and just generally help give some balance. I can't solve their Miles and Randolph problems for them, though.

This bit, to me, is the major sticking point of the whole thing. But there's no easy way to make it sweeter. We can't offer next year's pick and we can't help them with the two guard hole. I uess we'd just have to ask nicely

g) Draft Aldridge and Shelden

These are my two. If you combine them two with Chandler, Gooden, Skinner and Nocioni, you suddenly get a look for every occasion in your PF/C rotation. You get some inside scoring, some outside scoring, a LOT of rebounding, shot blocking from both big man positions, athleticism, and pure girth. Our front court improves no end, and I'm all for that.

h) The Knicks 2009 second for Jason Kapono

Reasoning:

a) The pick ain't really worth jank, it's here for moments like this
b) Miami does not have any use for him whatsoever
c) he's not that good, but fills a need, and has only one more season of contract to run.

In situations such as this last game, when we're down a small forward, we have no third option. Pike doesn't get it done, Basden doesn't get it done, and we end up being stuck with those cursed three guard lineups. Since Nocioni winds up playing a lot of power forward, even when he and Deng are both fully healthy, it'd be really nice to have a third small forward, someone who can come in and shoots the lights out from that position (something neither of our current two do). Kapono is that man. You can get Kapono clones every year from free agency or the draft, but I still feel this is the better option here. It's not like there's a price to pay. And besides, in certain photos, he looks a bit like me, so that's to be commended.

i) Sign Anthony Carter as the third point guard

Minnesota is stuck with Hudson and Jaric at point guard whether they like it or not. They also really like Marcus Banks, who has been something of a surprise - however, because Ainge did not take out Banks' option, it's going to be harder for them to keep him. If they do, though, and I feel they will, this squeezes Anthony Carter out the frame. There's a chance they keep him as a fourth option, since the other three aren't adverse to an injury or two, and all three are primary scorers rather than distributors. However, on the flip side, Carter was arrested for DUI earlier this year, his second such offense, which might not have helped his chances of sticking around. Whilst we're a team of good jib and good characters, if I were Paxson, I feel this can be overlooked if I got certain promises from the player, and an unconditional right to void the deal if he does it again.

As a player, in that third point guard role, I don't want a Pargo type any more. It's a useful facet to have since this team is kind of prone to offensive droughts. However, with other moves in this plan, I'm less worried about that as I am about veteran presence. Carter's a 30 year old, 7 year vet, who's been about and been on some decent teams. He won't play every night, but when he does, we can generally rely on him to not dick it up and maybe hit the occasional open 15 footer. That will do. If we need fire and offense from the third point guard role, then Ben will have to do it and get good at it. This, however, gives another look. A look I think we can agree is kind of key.

The minimum salary for one year get this done. If Antknee is not an option, other include Rick Brunson (I'm serious, whether you like it or not), Jacque Vaughn, Moochie Norris (assuming his team option is not picked up. At $4.5 million, it won't) and Darrick Martin.

That gives us right now a 13 man roster of:

PG - Hinrich, Blake, Carter
SG - Childress, Gordon, Hinrich
SF - Deng, Nocioni, Kapono
PF - Gooden, Nocioni, Skinner
C - Chandler, Aldridge, Williams

And a salary situation of:

Tyson Chandler - $9,000,000
Drew Gooden - $6,500,000
Brian Skinner - $5,400,000
LaMarcus Aldridge - $4,000,000
Ben Gordon - $3,862,080
Kirk Hinrich - $3,064,916
Andres Nocioni - $3,030,000
Josh Childress - $2,863,920
Luol Deng - $2,614,440
Shelden Williams - $1,600,000 ish
Steve Blake - $1,080,000
Jason Kapono - $1,080,000
Anthony Carter - $998,967

= $45 million, ish

That still leaves us with a few million to spend, but a pretty full rotation. So, to round out the two rotation places, here's what I reckon -

j) Sign Mario Austin

This is dependent on him not sucking massive arse in summer league this year like he has done every year to date. Because he, honestly, does have true ability. Mario is to make his own destiny here. I hope he does. He's a skilled man who would provide great insurance and could easily nick Skinner's spot here. One year of guaranteed minimum could get it done, and if not, we could just frontload the first year in a two year deal and have the second as a team option/partially guaranteed deal. I am on his bandwagon for a reason.

k) Sign Adrian Griffin

Apart from Antknees and Brian Skinner, that roster I've drawn up does not have a lot of experience on it. It features two rookies, and Deng/Gordon/Nocioni/Hinrich/Blake/Childress/Austin/Williams/Aldridge/Kapono all have less than 4 years experience. Gordon has only 4, Chandler 5. That's a young team with none of that veteran sparkle. It could also do with a bit of 2/3 insurance (a fourth point would also help, but I'm hoping Ben will be that). And this is where Griffin comes in. He can be both of those, whilst sometimes useful in spot minutes. He also knows our coaches and our core, and they know him. Should we have let him go in the first place? Probably not, but Tim Thomas was supposed to render him redundant. Can't win them all. Still, doesn't matter. If Dallas does not keep him (they might), we should ask after him. If not, may I also recommend another ex-Bull - Fred Hoiberg. Assuming of course he passes all required tests on his heart. Paxson haters wouldn't be happy otherwise, and it would be rather hypocritical.

Other candidates include Calbert Cheaney and George Lynch.

Stuff I thought about but couldn't squeeze in:

Drafting P.J. Tucker - if Shelden is not there at our pick, take P.J., forget Kapono, and keep Songaila.

Keith Bogans - would rather have Childress. If no trade of that nature goes down, Bogans would be a good cheap big two.

Greg Buckner - ditto.

Speedy Claxton - he could get better money and better minutes elsewhere, but he'd be great to have. However him and Gordon together wouldn't work.

Sam Cassell - I really really thought about this, but I couldn't advocate signing him in the end, as he'd need to start. Which would be OK, but it'd be a short term thing. He's on the down side, and we just aren't able to have that right now, particularly with such a definite high quality starter at his positon already in Kirk. We need to add to the core right now.

Przybilla - thought about it, but the need for scoring is kinda apparent, and him, and Chandler on the same roster could be a problem. If we make a play for him, and I expect we will, then cross off Shelden and expect a guard to be picked with no Duhon trade.

So that's my plan. I quite deliberately have not got us spending all the cap room. Because you never know when you might need it. Cap room can make it a damn sight easier for teams to make deadline trades to push them over the top. Even if it's only two or three million, that's enough to take on an Aaron Williams/Tony Delk type deal (I use those two cos they cropped up as examples this deadline), and can make covering serious injuries a lot easier. We need not spend it for the hell of spending it when we could save it for an actually useful reason. And so, I won't.

This situation gives us a young and deep roster, plugs our holes from last season without creating any noticable ones, keeps all our future picks intact, keeps the core intact (we lose Duhon from it, but add three more to it), and keeps a young, successful roster with muchos financial flexibilty. We still lack that star quality, but we still have the potential to have one grow from inside, and we're still packed with assets to get it done.

And, of course, the Knicks swap next year :banana: .

I'd do it.

I'm just saying.

ADDITIONAL - In this post I mention the word 'Curry' once (well, twice now) and 'Paxson' thrice (now froice). This does in no way mean that it is a topic about either. So I want neither Paxson haters nor Paxson defenders to come in here to fire off their endless agenda ridden agendas (if that makes sense). Nor do I want IN ANY WAY this to be a discussion on the merits, or lack thereof, of the Eddy Curry (thrice) trade. You can take that stuff elsewhere. And you probably will. If anybody does decide to do so, I will scream and shout at you, then cack in your shoes at Christmas. You have been warned. :raised_ey

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also tend to doubt he'll leave. But since it looks like you're stuck with Stackhouse, plus you got Daniels and Howard, and Powell/Marshall if they continue to like them.....:whoknows: it could happen. If it does, I want it to be us who gets in there. As evidenced by certain things this year, he'd be very useful to us.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
ShamBulls said:
I also tend to doubt he'll leave. But since it looks like you're stuck with Stackhouse, plus you got Daniels and Howard, and Powell/Marshall if they continue to like them.....:whoknows: it could happen. If it does, I want it to be us who gets in there. As evidenced by certain things this year, he'd be very useful to us.
Sorry to derail your thread, this is my last post - anything else PM me or post in the Mavs forum

I think because Avery has faith in Griffin, he's going to come back. Stackhouse knows his role as a 6th man and numerous times someone has said this team is better with Griffin starting. He's our best defender (surprisingly above Howard) and our "glue man"

Howard can get 34 minutes at SF, give a few to Griffin aswell (with the possibility of KVH leaving). Slowly develop Powell/Marshall by giving them 4-5 minutes. Daniels can play some PG and Stack can be the main backup at SG. The great thing about all 4 swingmen (Daniels, Howard, Griffin & Stack) is that they all offer a completely different, invaluable, package to the roster. Unfortunately Dallas has been one of those teams that has been hit with the injury stick, and hit bad - so we've rarely seen them all play together. In the playoffs, all should be healthy ('cept Van Horn)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to derail your thread
Oh it's not derailing at all, it's kinda important to the premise. At some point, I expect Portland, Atlanta, Minnesota and Miami fans to come in and tell me those factors ain't gonna happen either. Still, can't win em all........

I won't pretend to know what happens with Dallas this offseason, but as an outsider looking in, I think there's no way in blue hell Van Horn should return. There's a decent power forward crop out there this year. Dallas needs to get involved with it, and it doesn't need to be a gunner. Melvin Ely maybe.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i dont think next year will be the end of our rebuilding, next season it might look something like this

kirk hinrich
ben gordon
luol deng
mike sweetney
nene hilario

tyson chandler
tyrus thomas
chris duhon
andres nocioni
darius songaila
antonio davis
eddie basden

and in 2007-08 yes the end of our rebuilding

hinrich
ben gordon
luol deng
nene hilario
greg oden

tyson chandler
tyrus thomas
chris duhon
andres nocioni
malik allen
eddie basden
antonio davis
jay williams

just my opinon lol

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Interesting ideas.

But why do you want to extend Kirk before it is necessary? It just reduces available cap space this summer and next fall.

If you can get Gooden that cheaply and without having to trade anyone, you get a cigar from me.

If you can get Childress for Duhon straight-up you get two cigars. (of course you'll have to smoke them in Britain, since that behavior has been banned here)

·
Registered
31,974 Posts
Seems like as good a place as any to post this...

In the Wizards' forum, there's a thread about trading Antawn Jamison, and at least two of the posters suggested trading him to the Knicks for Curry.

http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=257085

Not that I want to make this about Curry and his trade value...

But if Jamison were available, maybe some deal involving Sweetney, Harrington, and Nocioni might get it done. Sweets and 'thella would be going home (Washington/Georgetown connection).

From our side, it might look like a lot, but not really if you look at the lineup implications for us:
Jamison
Deng
Chandler
Hinrich
Gordon

As much as I like Gooden, I think Jamison is heaps better. And it doesn't preclude us signing him anyway.

If such a trade were to go down, the Bulls would need to be looking for a SG/SF type in the draft as well as a backup C.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
good lord that's a huge rabbit..

but anyway -

i agree with mcbulls - i just dont think you can get gooden that easily. n also, doesnt he actually enjoy his current position? he's in a good place. (though i think his position in chicago would be good too, but you never know, the LBJ factor..)

i actually made a lil plan a while ago (when psychology or law get eye-droppingly dull.. ie most of the time)
nowhere near as indepth or wellresearched, but as a casual bulls fan, i think it's quite reasonable. (no salaries...)
i did go on the assumption the draft players are available.

draft Tyrus Thomas with the knicks pick. if he's unavailable, LaMarcus Aldridge.
bulls 1st - Ronnie Brewer.

i had originally said to resign pike, but after reading your summation, i dont see the point! but some kind of backup 3pt shooter.

keep either sweetney or songalia, not both.
keep either Allen or Harrington, not both.

signing Joel Przybilia (i'm kinda down on chandler, he's got less than 2 blocks - Sammi D's outperforming him by a bit..)
Basden n Pargo are kinda superfluous, but it depends on performance as to whether they stay or not.

which'd give you something like

C Prybilia / Chandler
PF T.Thomas / Sweetney / O.Harrington
SF Deng / Nocioni
SG Gordon / Brewer / Pike
PG Hinrich / Duhon / Pargo

so obviously another swingman would be useful, like you said maybe Jason Kapono (instead of Piatkowski, obviously)

defense from the C position, not too much scoring.
scoring from PF either uptempo (thomas) or halfcourt (Aldridge), some backup scoring and size too.
SG - Gordon starting, paired with hinrich for the size issue. Brewer backing him up, good size for a guard (and COULD fill time at PG as well)
brewer paired with duhon for stability.

obviously it needs a lot of work, but hey it keeps me entertained at school.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You know what, though? I'm afraid that Paxson won't do what's best for the team this summer, and he'll just end up screwing us over. Like, he won't get us the talent we need to fill up the holes on the team, and he'll draft the wrong guys, like a guy like Morrison, who would do jack**** for us. He's a winy little *****, look at his last game. Could you imagine him playing with us if we were losing like this season. I couldn't take him doing that on the professional level at all.

And if Pax trades the picks, I'm afraid he'll trade them away for something that won't help us in the long run, unlike what the actual picks themselves could do for us.

There are so many damn question marks on this team it's scary. I just miss last year's team so much. Everything was perfect. We had the perfect balance of talent, veteran leadership, and enoug jib to carry us to 47 wins. Man what I wouldn't do to go back in time and watch them play again. :cry:

Now Pax has a big job to do this offseason, and I hope that I'm wrong in assuming he can't do it. He really needs to change this team around, no matter how good some people think this team will be in a couple years.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Last year we had a "perfect" team?

There are veterans every offseason to pickup, if thats your concern. But if Pax signs one, they will say he wont help us in the long run. If he doesnt do it, we are going to lack one (or two).

We are screwed. This offseason is a lose-lose situation for the Bulls.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
PowerWoofer said:
I'm afraid that Paxson won't do what's best for the team this summer, and he'll just end up screwing us over.

what could he possibly have to gain by doing this?

and if last year had been truly perfect, they would've at least made it to the second round.

calm yourself.

:meditate:

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey guys...i just registered today so i am new to this forum. take it easy on me for a few days.

anyways...i dont understand why everyone seems so high on ronnie brewer. if you look at nbadraft.net the most recent mock says that if we would still have players like reddick and richard roby on the board. brewer is not a great shooter and we all know that the bulls need guys that can score.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting ideas.

But why do you want to extend Kirk before it is necessary? It just reduces available cap space this summer and next fall.

It affects the cap space in no way this summer, nor next summer. If we extend him now, he won't begin to be paid the new contract until after the completion of this one (which has one year left), so Kirks salary figure is still just over three million next year regardless. And next year, a) we won't have cap space, and b) if we did, we wouldn't have Kirk or Noce and who would we want to sign more? Plus, Kirk's qualifying offer figure is $4 million ish. If we re-sign him for 5.7, what's the most we lose there?

·
Registered
77 Posts
one more thing...

in one of the earlier posts in this thread i saw that someone was mentioning how you need 3 point guards and pargo wasnt getting the job done. i agree.

does anyone have any idea what the situation with jay williams is. i would love to see him back with the bulls as soon as he is in game shape again. imagine a team next year of:

pg: hinrich/duhon/jay wil
sg: gordon/bulls pick
sf: deng/nocioni
pf: tyrus thomas/sweetney
c: chandler/free agent

but i have a feeling we waived him at some point...any info?

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
THEbigO said:
hey guys...i just registered today so i am new to this forum. take it easy on me for a few days.

anyways...i dont understand why everyone seems so high on ronnie brewer. if you look at nbadraft.net the most recent mock says that if we would still have players like reddick and richard roby on the board. brewer is not a great shooter and we all know that the bulls need guys that can score.

Welcome to the site. Good to have you aboard!

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
THEbigO said:
one more thing...

in one of the earlier posts in this thread i saw that someone was mentioning how you need 3 point guards and pargo wasnt getting the job done. i agree.

does anyone have any idea what the situation with jay williams is. i would love to see him back with the bulls as soon as he is in game shape again. imagine a team next year of:

pg: hinrich/duhon/jay wil
sg: gordon/bulls pick
sf: deng/nocioni
pf: tyrus thomas/sweetney
c: chandler/free agent

but i have a feeling we waived him at some point...any info?

Last I heard, Jay was going to focus on broadcasting. I don't think he could ever get his leg back to the point where he could make it in the league.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'd feel more confident with the following.

First and foremost, say goodbye to Pargo.
Going on what TB#1 posted about Othella's contract, I'd decline his option.
Pick up Allen's option.
Do the Boozer trade: Sweets Songalia and our pick for Boozer and what used to be our second rounder.
Sign Przybilla to something reasonable. The cheaper the better. *predicting a starting salary at ~$7M*
Sign Kukoc to the vet min to finish his career off in Chicago.
Sign Schencher to the min.
Try and sign Ely with the remainder of our cap (around $4M), I'm not sure how willing Charlotte are to keep him. Also not sure who I'd look at if this weren't possible.

Draft Brandon Roy with the Knicks pick and James White with our 2nd rounder.

Przybilla, Chandler, Schencher
Boozer, Ely, Allen
Deng, Nocioni, Kukoc
Gordon, Roy, White
Hinrich, Duhon, Griffin

Bring Roy along slowy, with Griffin getting more minutes early in the season but would gradually decrease as time goes on. I really don't want too much pressure to be put on Roy straight away.
White would be our token project, hopefully he could develop a game as he's a phenomenal athlete, but again no rush here.

Still quite tempted at signing Nazr Mohammed over Przybilla, but I'm not sure how much he's really looking to get. Przybilla seems like he wants out and to a team that won't suck, so I think we have the upper hand at the moment. Plus considering how inconsistent Chandler is over a season, maybe having someone that duplicates him isn't too bad of an idea. Also this gives us the option to move him if the right deal comes along.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.