Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaq looks thinner and younger now. Shaq is still the best! This season Shaq is far better than Duncan and KG.

Rockets are well-known the best defensive team in the paint. That means Yao and Deke are high impact defenders. Shaq scores 23 points and grab 16 rebounds over them.

I pick shaq to win MVP. What is your thought?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I totally agree with u...U are a genius..This year's Shaq is far better than last 2 years' Shaq... :yes:

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heat are in the pace to win 62 games.

If Duncan plays for Heat, Heat may have 52 wins this season (assuming duncan is healthy). If KG plays for Heat. Heat may have 48 wins this season.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Shaq isn't declining. He's more like reclining. He's been taking it "easy" early in the season and is now starting to rev up and warm up his big engine for the post season. Shaq knows what it takes to reach The Championship and is now getting ready.

Shaq is one of the frontrunners for MVP along with Steve Nash and Tim Duncan. I think anyone of these 3 can win MVP.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ballscientist said:
Heat are in the pace to win 62 games.

If Duncan plays for Heat, Heat may have 52 wins this season. If KG plays for Heat. Heat may have 48 wins this season.
Uhh...what?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
The Daddy is the Daddy. His greatest strength is that when you put him on the court everyone immediately becomes a better player by his mere presense. And he looks pretty darn good in his own right as well.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Shaq's prescence alone changes the game. He has that kind of impact on the floor nobody else has that. I believe Shaq will be playing at the level he is playing right now for another 3 years solid than will decline in my opinion. But by that time he should still win rings because Wade just might in 3 years be the best player in the league. In my opinion Shaq could retire with 5 - 7 rings before its all said and done.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I wonder if you guys would think Duncan or KG was better than Shaq if they got to play in the lesser conference and worst division in basketball.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
IV said:
I wonder if you guys would think Duncan or KG was better than Shaq if they got to play in the lesser conference and worst division in basketball.
They don't have Wade. Wade will be the reason they win a title or not. Shaq is the catalyst for the Heat. They need a number 2 punch to go any where. Side note - Eddie Jones has been playing out of his mind.

·
Registered
394 Posts
IV said:
:boohoo:Boo Hoo!!! Shaq has got it made in the East while Duncan and KG have it rough in the West. It's not fair!!! :boohoo:

How about those years when Shaq was in the West winning Championships and taking The Lakers to The Finals?...Oh yeah, it was Kobe who did most of the work. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
While in all likelihood Shaq will win his second MVP and deservedly so. He is clearly not the player he once was. The Shaq during the Laker threepeat was simply unstobbable whose massive frame didn't seem to be bound by basic rules of physics like most mortals. Currently he doesn't have the same kind of lift and explosion that he had earlier in his career. Shaq's flexibility also seems worse: I haven't seen him bend down to pick up balls off the floor is quite some time.

It's really a testament to how talented this guy is that even though he's declined he's still a Top 2 player in this league. He needs to stay in shape though for the rest of his career as I doubt he can handle any more weight then what he has on now.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Shaq is declining, but he is still a top 2 player in the league (behind Duncan), and with Duncan's injury I think he'll win MVP this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
shaq may be declining but he's still the most dominant player in the game. if he stays in shape, he can play maybe 5 more yrs

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
:boohoo:Boo Hoo!!! Shaq has got it made in the East while Duncan and KG have it rough in the West. It's not fair!!! :boohoo:

How about those years when Shaq was in the West winning Championships and taking The Lakers to The Finals?...Oh yeah, it was Kobe who did most of the work. :rolleyes:
he was talking about if Shaq is declining this year

·
Registered
394 Posts
he was talking about if Shaq is declining this year
I don't think so. What IV stated was...

IV said:
I wonder if you guys would think Duncan or KG was better than they are now if they got to play in the lesser conference and worst division in basketball.
It never states if Shaq was declining this year. It states that Duncan or KG would be better than they are now if they were in the Eastern Conference. And I replied...

Boo Hoo!!! Shaq has got it made in the East while Duncan and KG have it rough in the West. It's not fair!!!

How about those years when Shaq was in the West winning Championships and taking The Lakers to The Finals?...Oh yeah, it was Kobe who did most of the work.
Shame on Shaq for playing in an easier conference. What's the matter with him? That's not fair for the other players!!! :cry: :no: :frown: :curse: :verysad:

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Actually Duncan won two titles competing against Kobe and Shaq. And yes Kobe did just as much work as Shaq in their efforts to win their titles. After all, Shaq couldn't win last year in the finals when Kobe stunk it up, right? :bsmile:

·
Banned
336 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
Shame on Shaq for playing in an easier conference. What's the matter with him? That's not fair for the other players!!! :cry: :no: :frown: :curse: :verysad:
Easier conference? Didn't see anyone stopping him on the west coast either :).

·
Registered
394 Posts
IV said:
Actually Duncan won two titles competing against Kobe and Shaq.
And Shaq and The Lakers won 3 titles while mowing down San Antonio each of those years.
Yes, The Lakers did lose last year to what you consider "a weaker team" from the eastern conference.

And yes Kobe did just as much work as Shaq in their efforts to win their titles. After all, Shaq couldn't win last year in the finals when Kobe stunk it up, right? :bsmile:
Of course Shaq can't win the title alone. No one can. But Kobe tried to prove otherwise. Throwing up shot after shot while being constantly double teamed. Play team ball and you win. The Pistons proved that. Play individual ball and you are going to lose when you are supposed to win. The Lakers and recent Olympic basketball team proved that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts