Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard him say that on AM 1150 on Laker's insider. I think Chick has seen a few centers over his illustrious career. Chick has never been accused of being biased either.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Sorry, Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest ever.....

When Shaq puts up 100 and 50, then we can start comparing them....

·
Registered
37 Posts
if Shaquille O'Neal wins the MVP award this year in the playoffs it will be three straight years, Wilt never did that

Wilt Chamberlain pulled himself out of game 7 against the New York, with the game on the line, because he said he was hurt,

Shaquille O'Neal plays hurt all the time and never uses it as an excuse

I am not into who is the best of all-time topics but it seems Shaquille O'Neal certainly will prove a point when his career is over. Let's not forget he is only 30 years old.

Shaquille O'Neal shows that he is a leader and will gladly take the responsibility of putting a team on his shoulders. I understand a lot of people do not like them for whatever reasons but the fact remains -- he is an extraordinary player and the best is yet to come.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
The best is yet to come? I think that Shaq is winding down. His toe will never get better and the Lakers are almost at the end of their run. They MAY 4-peat, but I seriously doubt it.

You have to understand that when Wilt played, basketball wasn't as popular as today. If he pulled himself out of a game, then I have no doubt that he was really hurt. Imagine the backlash if Shaq decided to sit out because of a toe injury.....

If we are talking about the best leaders then Shaq maybe higher, but overall skill and talent---- Chamberlain is the best center ever...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts