Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Whiteside of the Moon
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.excite.com/news/04032006/v8832.html

Not to dwell on a loss but I found this quite interesting.

"That was the most ridiculous game I've ever been part of," he said Sunday after the 90-78 loss. "When you got a guy like Stu Jackson at the top, it shows why referees are the way they are. It starts at the top.
"There was a lot of flopping today and they just fell for it. They make these rules up and they don't follow them. We all know there's a double standard. I just wish they wouldn't make it so obvious."
Heat coach Pat Riley added his voice to the complaints.

There is a huge double standard here," he said. "They got the double forearm on him, they say it's a hand. Shaq's a pretty strong guy, but Collins does a good job on him. He turns in, it's a foul on him. They're pushing and shoving at him all the time." He said if a team complains too much about it, the league issues a fine. "We're caught between a rock and a hard place," Riley said.
This game was called rather tightly against Shaq. A guy is allowed to turn towards the basket. If a guy is gonna stick his face in there that's his problem.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Heated said:
http://sports.excite.com/news/04032006/v8832.html

Not to dwell on a loss but I found this quite interesting.

This game was called rather tightly against Shaq. A guy is allowed to turn towards the basket. If a guy is gonna stick his face in there that's his problem.
Right...a guy should be able to turn while leading with his elbows. And the only double standard is that Shaq has not been fined. Any other player in the league would have been fined.

And the funniest thing is that Shaq called Lawrence Frank "Laura" for complaining about the refs. I guess it's time to start calling the big guy either "Shaq Mommy" or "Shaquita"!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.