Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very funny. I guess Dwayne has a new nickname.

O'Neal had nothing but praise for Wade, who was 8-of-15 and handed out five assists.

"He is a great player," O'Neal said. "We always get the ball in his hands at the end of games. He had a turnover and he was pretty mad at himself. I told him that we were going to stop and get the ball back."

Having also played with Penny Hardaway and Kobe Bryant during his career, O'Neal made a strange analogy when describing the trio.

"The difference between those three is in 'The Godfather' trilogy," he said. "One is Alfredo, who's never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man. And one is Michael, who, if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it to Dwyane."

So I guess we should start calling Wade, "Michael Corleone". :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
cashbidniz said:
Shaq = "The Big Godfather"
thats one heck of a nickname!
The Godfather!
hehehe

Shaq to kobe "Say hello to my little friend" :kiss:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Having also played with Penny Hardaway and Kobe Bryant during his career, O'Neal made a strange analogy when describing the trio.

"The difference between those three is in 'The Godfather' trilogy," he said. "One is Alfredo, who's never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man. And one is Michael, who, if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it to Dwyane."
hahaha

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Yep, Dwyane is definitely Michael... and Eddie is Clemenza, OH GOD Zo might be Rizzi!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts