Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/8361635

MIAMI -- Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal will miss his second straight game because of a stomach ailment, sitting out Friday night's game at Memphis.

O'Neal didn't practice Monday or play in Miami's 104-86 win over Chicago on Tuesday, and has since been diagnosed with an infection that is affecting his stomach. He was examined at a Miami hospital but not admitted, coach Stan Van Gundy said.

"They think everything will be fine," Van Gundy said. "They got some fluids into him. He's already feeling a little bit better, but he's got some sort of infection and it will take a couple of days to clear up."

Van Gundy said he wasn't told specific details of the infection. He said O'Neal was home Wednesday.

"We're going to tell him to take his time," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "We've got a long haul to go. We want him healthy and we want him rested. We'll hold the fort down until he gets back."

O'Neal, who's averaging 23 points and 10.6 rebounds, has been unable to dress for games five other times this season because of injury or illness. He leads the NBA in field-goal percentage (.599), ranks fifth in rebounds, sixth in blocks (2.4) and 11th in scoring.
wonderful :sad:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sueng said:
Stomach flus are a *****. I had one and I was out for like 2 weeks.

I hear that. I had one over a year ago, and the virus just wiped me out. Then my mom got the same thing two weeks later. It usually takes just over a week to be 100%.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
ah well....we would need alot of help to catch up with Phoenix anyways, so we're playing 8 games to keep ourselves busy before the playoffs

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
we will see again what Wade can do on Friday.

I dont think they were gonna get the best record in the NBA anymore after the Pacers and Bobcats loss.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I believe in Dwyane! :yes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
If my Nets don't make the pkayoffs I'd like the Heat to win it all because Shaq is from Newark NJ and so am I. What's amazing about this whole thing is that Shaq was the reason LA won and not Kobe. Kobe is just another guard now and not a "championship" player anymore. Stick Shaq on any team and they'll most likely have a winning record.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts