Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is considdering some people thought he might play tommorrow...

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
Yep true but I'm not all that suprised.. Shaq sits out with the little injuries :uhoh:
Well, at least this mean he can fully recover and be in 100% physical shape hopefully come playoff-time.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I remember Shaq saying last year that he's more comfortable playing 60 games, in order to be in good health for the playoffs. I wouldn't mind him sitting out for a little while, if the Lakers didn't have to depend on... HORACE GRANT :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scuall</b>!
if the Lakers didn't have to depend on... HORACE GRANT :(
for the sake of the lakers, lets hope jamal sampson can actually do something in horaces absence so we dont haev to worry as much

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Nothing suprising..
Exactly, nothing surprising!

Shaq does this every year. The difference this year is Kobe is seriously hurt so you'd think he would take the initiative to be the leader of this team, by putting them on his back the way Kobe has the past two year. I can't stand this from Shaq.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Yep true but I'm not all that suprised.. Shaq sits out with the little injuries :uhoh:
That's unfair to Shaq. The guy is an absolute physical specimen and anomoly at the same time. When he gets injured it affects him differently than others. Imagine when his calfs get hurt and he has put all that weight on it. How is his frame going to react to certain injuries, especially to his lower body? Shaq is unique and is not like the prototypical SF/SG who gets injured.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
"I don't miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn't that serious in the first place." -- Kobe Bryant

You think there was any truth to this?

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!

That's unfair to Shaq. The guy is an absolute physical specimen and anomoly at the same time. When he gets injured it affects him differently than others. Imagine when his calfs get hurt and he has put all that weight on it. How is his frame going to react to certain injuries, especially to his lower body? Shaq is unique and is not like the prototypical SF/SG who gets injured.
What's really unfair is other player have to play through injuries to make it to the playoffs, while Shaq doesn't. He's already been cleared for tonights game against the Kings, if he doesn't play, he's not being much of a leader, IMO.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
What else do you expect from Shaq? You don't have to like him but you have to live with what he does and how he acts. He's still the most dominant player in the game, even at 60%, and he basically guarantees you a chance at a championship. You have to live with his actions because of his great talent. I've always maintained that Shaq is an immature, self-centered, whining brat but the Lakers aren't going anywhere without him. As a result, we can't really do anything to him. However, we can deny him the extension that he's seeking. I hope that Buss has the guts to do it. My reasoning is that Shaq is breaking down and will be out of the league in a few years. If Shaq were 28 and 100%, I'd extend him in an instant.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!

If Shaq were 28 and 100%, I'd extend him in an instant.
Right, but the Lakers did that already. That was a no-brainer at the time. But now that he's over 30 and seemingly doesn't give a damn anymore I wouldn't give it to him at the expense of losing a player like Kobe. Like you said, he's starting to break down now and I don't think he's going to be worth all that money in a couple years.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>longlivelal</b>!
WELL THERE GOES THAT GAME
I'm actually thrilled that all of these guys are going to be out. I don't really mind the regular season losses that much. They hurt but I know we'll be ready come playoff time. I just want to watch the young guys develop. We haven't really had a chance to do that in the past. This is the perfect opportunity to develop guys like Medvedenko, Cook, Rush, and Sampson. I'm sick and tired of Phil using the no experience excuse for not playing the young guys. This a great opportunity for them in a hostile environment. If Medvedenko and Rush continue to play well, I don't want to see Phil go back to Grant and Fisher at key moments anymore. These guys are talented players and they deserve a chance. Not too long ago Fisher was just another scrub on the bench. Look at what happened when he got some playing time a couple of years ago, He's now aq PJ favorite. I think Medvedenko and Rush can have similar success if they are just given a chance.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

I'm actually thrilled that all of these guys are going to be out. I don't really mind the regular season losses that much. They hurt but I know we'll be ready come playoff time. I just want to watch the young guys develop. We haven't really had a chance to do that in the past. This is the perfect opportunity to develop guys like Medvedenko, Cook, Rush, and Sampson. I'm sick and tired of Phil using the no experience excuse for not playing the young guys. This a great opportunity for them in a hostile environment. If Medvedenko and Rush continue to play well, I don't want to see Phil go back to Grant and Fisher at key moments anymore. These guys are talented players and they deserve a chance. Not too long ago Fisher was just another scrub on the bench. Look at what happened when he got some playing time a couple of years ago, He's now aq PJ favorite. I think Medvedenko and Rush can have similar success if they are just given a chance.
Besides, with Shaq out maybe we wont have to endure the Vlade flop all night long.:p

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts

I Agree, But Its Sacramento, This Isnt A team You Cant Expect
to beat without a decent force downlow

1 - 20 of 21 Posts