Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Top Of The Pops
Joined
·
27,472 Posts
I didn't see the game either, but my Lakers fan friend was watching the game here and cursing the officials over and over for "late calls."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,770 Posts
shaq was p.o. beaucse of the refs and then he said its too bad these fans pay good money and let the refs take over the f-ing game, i watched the game and boy did the refs blow 4 both sides
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
holy crap, I was so into arranging things for my SB party that I didnt even know the Lakers played. So we got a win. YAY!:laugh: :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
It is impossible for me to feel sorry for Shaq.
His team gets the benefit from the judges 99% of the time compared to any team he is playing.

Anytime a star like Shaq goes off the on the refs the next game they get every call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
It is impossible for me to feel sorry for Shaq.
His team gets the benefit from the judges 99% of the time compared to any team he is playing.

Anytime a star like Shaq goes off the on the refs the next game they get every call.
I agree. Hasn't anybody seen Shaq play the past 5 years. I know he gets hacked, but the difference between people fouling him, and him fouling people, is that the defenders actually get called for it. Shaq has gotten away with far far far far more than anybody else in the past 5 years or maybe even longer. So it's really hilarious to hear him be mad at the refs. Hell, they're the sole reason that he's even remotely successful in the league.
 

·
Beware of Elbows
Joined
·
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
It is impossible for me to feel sorry for Shaq.
Dude, I don't think the goal of Shaq's "profanity laden tirade" was for you to feel sorry for him...
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it a profanity laden tirade... he looked calm the whole time and din't really go on a tirade. It's not that big of a deal to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
I can't believe it. Lakers fans shouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior from a player representing their team and city. I suggest an immediate trade of Shaq to the Chicago Bulls.

L.A. Lakers trades:
C Shaquille O'Neal (19.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.0 apg in 34.5 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives:
PF Antonio Davis (9.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 46 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 37 games)
PF Jerome Williams (7.0 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 46 games)

Change in team outlook: +2.5 ppg, +8.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

And hey, they get more scoring, more boards, and more assists per game as well!

This is clearly a no lose proposition for the Lakers. Get rid of that bum now!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!
I wouldn't exactly call it a profanity laden tirade... he looked calm the whole time and din't really go on a tirade. It's not that big of a deal to me.
So you wouldn't care if you had kids that were watching the game and heard that? If so, I hope you never have children.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>q</b>!

So you wouldn't care if you had kids that were watching the game and heard that? If so, I hope you never have children.
Yeah, it's not like the you can't hear athletes cussing on TV during the game. :rolleyes:

And sure, I'd love for my kids to be watching NBA games, to see a class act like Shaq do his thing or an adulterer like Kobe do his thing.

Kids know all sorts of swear words, it's ridiculous to think some kid heard the F word for the first time when Shaq said it on KCAL today. :laugh:
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!


Yeah, it's not like the you can't hear athletes cussing on TV during the game. :rolleyes:

And sure, I'd love for my kids to be watching NBA games, to see a class act like Shaq do his thing or an adulterer like Kobe do his thing.

Kids know all sorts of swear words, it's ridiculous to think some kid heard the F word for the first time when Shaq said it on KCAL today. :laugh:
Exactly.

And I never said he wasn't wrong, I just said I wouldn't call it a "profanity laden tirade". He used two cuss words... it's not that big of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!


Yeah, it's not like the you can't hear athletes cussing on TV during the game. :rolleyes:

And sure, I'd love for my kids to be watching NBA games, to see a class act like Shaq do his thing or an adulterer like Kobe do his thing.

Kids know all sorts of swear words, it's ridiculous to think some kid heard the F word for the first time when Shaq said it on KCAL today. :laugh:
I'm sure Shaq doesn't even talk like that around his kids. Its not approriate behavior by a person seen as a rolemodel on live TV reguardless what you say.

But hell, I guess I'd defend the a lazy eyed ******* too if I was hanging on his nuts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
I can't believe it. Lakers fans shouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior from a player representing their team and city. I suggest an immediate trade of Shaq to the Chicago Bulls.

L.A. Lakers trades:
C Shaquille O'Neal (19.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.0 apg in 34.5 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives:
PF Antonio Davis (9.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 46 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 37 games)
PF Jerome Williams (7.0 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 46 games)

Change in team outlook: +2.5 ppg, +8.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

And hey, they get more scoring, more boards, and more assists per game as well!

This is clearly a no lose proposition for the Lakers. Get rid of that bum now!!!
You've gotta be kidding. Put Junkyard Dog in place of Malone, Eddie Robinson in place of Devean George and Antonio Davis in place of Shaq. Ehh, no. TRADE NOT ACCEPTED

I'm a huge Laker fan and I admit I've grown very tired of Shaq's routine of not playing half the time and not really giving a damn when he is playing, but trading him for those losers? Aw hell naw.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top